Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone tried installing LCD TV into the Dash tray that chin kwan selling??

i know its not motorized but that would be cool...? :roll:

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
im thinking of doing this too...but i dont really know how i easy it is to install myself...maybe linsup could help...but i dont know where to hook the screen up to for power :noway:

·
Registered
143 Posts
it might work

it might work but the lid flips up towards the back so it will not be flush with the front of the dash. also how will you hold up the lip from falling if you figure out all of that you might as well buy a cheap acuator and make it motorized.

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Re: it might work

fleadog99 said:
it might work but the lid flips up towards the back so it will not be flush with the front of the dash. also how will you hold up the lip from falling if you figure out all of that you might as well buy a cheap acuator and make it motorized.
wats up fleadogg!
man i see you got more stuff than i do!

hows the team over there?

I finally will be able to drop my car at a paintshop this wednesday
been waiting 8 months for that my hailstorm damage repair blah

anyways
i was thinking putting one of those locking hinge to prop the tv up
one of my local shop told me just to mold a tv permanent

·
Registered
143 Posts
for all of that money just

for all of that money you can buy SanDiegoLexus nav housing insert the 7" faranheit monitor and it looks good and not all the money for the nav system that I don't need. NO OFFENSE to those who have.

Once SanDiegoLexus sends it out I already have the monitor I got from ebay.

monitor 285 shipped. the housing you will have to talk to him about it.

he builds it makes sure it works then shipps with instructions.

I will post pics once I am done.

what springs did you go with I need to drop mine but am waiting till after winter. along save for bodykit springs everything installed at once.

I also have TRD spoiler I have to get painted??? and installed (DIY)

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
it says in your profile you have the jdm dash tray with the screen, but in your pics tehres no screen...which one is it? because i liked just the screen at first, but i donno i think the dash tray will look better...which one did you like since i guess you had both at one point... :)

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Edited by lisnup65

Keep the subject on Audio or electronics in here. Shocks, springs and the like belong in another forum and their is absolutely no sales post in here!

Thanks.

i might change my wing... just like jack's have u seen it?

·
Registered
143 Posts
the dash tray looks better

I think the dash tray looks a lot better. behind the screen there is the bracket and the wire. with the dash tray you can hide that with the cover of the dash tray. it looks more custom instead of just a screen placed on to of the tray.

·
Registered
3,412 Posts
if you install a screen under the tray, do you have to take out the screen everytime you close it??

My Q is, can you install a monitor, and leave it on even when the tray closes...

thnaks

·
Useless
5,346 Posts
Overcrook said:
if you install a screen under the tray, do you have to take out the screen everytime you close it??

My Q is, can you install a monitor, and leave it on even when the tray closes...

thnaks
Have it custom set up and then you can do that. The set up like in Ben's car will not work that way. Its the easiest approach that is by far the cheapest.

·
Registered
721 Posts
Overcrook said:
cool, anyone with a screen where the tray goes, and you can close it with the screen on??????
I did some custom work and painting to fit a Kenwood touch screen with a cover like the dash tray....works like a charm...all motorized. Personally If the nav set was out before I started the work I would have gone that route....its a lot cheaper.

Will post pictures as soon as my damn camera gets here from goodguys.....

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
About this Discussion
17 Replies
7 Participants
Overcrook
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing