Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey you guys, well you might remember me from a post awhile back about helping me choose my cabin speakers. I totally look at my rear trunk and i realize the setup i was going with was not really to my liking. I can't decide like no ideas are really popping into my head for the trunk. So im asking the custrom trunk gurus how did you manage to come up with some of the ideas that brought you to where you at now.

The trunk is somewhat small and hard to figure out where to put things. I would like to have a really agressive trunk, but im debating where is a good place to put the subs, amp, lights. What position for the best sound. So what is like the 411 to doing one. So i thought i would ask you guys maybe you can help me gather my ideas.
There are not many pictures laying around myIS during my search or the gallery. So pics would be nice. Thanks in advance!

·
大古古
1,287 Posts
go to car domain some IS owners have pretty nice set-ups pretty long list to go through thou :lol:

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
There are not many pictures laying around myIS during my search or the gallery. So pics would be nice. Thanks in advance!
not looking hard enough....

with mine...i wanted a stealthy look...so i got mine painted black onyx like the exterior...with my lights-we tried different things and the way the purple glowed off the black looked pretty sick, so i went with that...

as far as placing subs...i wanted to utilize the ski pass in my trunk so i used that as a port, and then placed the subs next to it....it just seemed like the most logical place to put the subs...and i wanted to have doors in the trunk so it was only feasible to put the amps on the sides of the trunk...my shop placed the cross overs where they are...came out nice...

and theres a couple of secrets im keeping about my trunk....haha...dont want any copy cats...ive already seen one on here that looked almost identical to mine in terms of design....

if you want pics...run a search, or hit the link in my sig....

and theres a gang of members with SICK setups....just look harder...

·
Registered
3,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks JAEohEN, in the gallery section under mobiletronics you would expect a shit load of pics haha but theres like 11.
http://my.is/forums/showthread.php?t=247379&highlight=custom+trunk+setup
that link help but i really dont want to steal anyone ideas lol.

The subs near the ski pass sounds like a good idea.....but im not sure if i want to put the amps on the side have 2 more subs for the side! =) 4 baby!!!!

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
The subs near the ski pass sounds like a good idea.....but im not sure if i want to put the amps on the side have 2 more subs for the side! =) 4 baby!!!!
haha good luck with 4 subs...where would you put your amps?4 subs will require a lot of power...and you better invest in some top notch mid ranges/tweeters for that type of bass...

azndragon...thats clean how you mounted speakers above the passenger seat....must be annoying as hell for people riding back if your car does get driven...

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
JAEohEN said:
haha good luck with 4 subs...where would you put your amps?4 subs will require a lot of power...and you better invest in some top notch mid ranges/tweeters for that type of bass...

azndragon...thats clean how you mounted speakers above the passenger seat....must be annoying as hell for people riding back if your car does get driven...
hehehe i rarely have passangers, but I control the everything with my EQ.. to adjust for them..

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
turnip said:
4 10s + 4 amps and my whole trunk is still available with the amp and sub grills.
do you have any more pics of your whole audio setup? I see your rear deck is all custom also.

·
Registered
3,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
turnip said:

4 10s + 4 amps and my whole trunk is still available with the amp and sub grills.

Thats krazy, i knew 4 everything would be possible haha =)

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
nevermind turnip, I saw your car at lexfest but didn't recognize the trunk at first glance. Your car is amazing by the way.

For everyone that wants to see a few more close ups there are some here..
http://www.tonyschreiber.com/gallery/749025

1 - 13 of 13 Posts