Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am confused, i think it looks really good, but do you need to buy cover parts and then paint them? lemme know really interested, thanks

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
i got mine painted graphite to match the cars exterior color. All i did was take off the plastic engine cover and take that over to the shop to be painted. Simple..........heres pic, not the best but it works

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i think it looks real good, since i have GGP also, does it stand out, and how much was it???

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
i mean its not gonna stick out alot! but people do notice it and ask whether it came like that. I think it adds a nice subtle touch. I cant really get you a price because i got a bunch of things painted. THe total was 110 for a roof wing, lsportline spoiler, and that so id say about 40 tops to paint it. Im going to get the ecu and fuse box covers painted to match next :p

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
wait so can i just go to any paint or body shop and they will do it? will any other color look good matching the GGP or should i just go GGP? and is it just screws to take the plastic cover pieces off?

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
Unknownprophet23 said:
wait so can i just go to any paint or body shop and they will do it? will any other color look good matching the GGP or should i just go GGP? and is it just screws to take the plastic cover pieces off?
yup, any body shop should do it. I would stick to GGP or a gunmetal color although if you really want go with what Dragion did, he painted his red and left the vents w/ the L black, it looked pretty good, ill see if i can find a pic

·
Premium Member
5,684 Posts
Here are a couple pics of my DWP painted engine covers. I had them painted by a friend who works at a collision center.

I was worried about temp in the engine, but it seems to be holding up just fine...

·
Premium Member
5,684 Posts
Bumpin'Lex said:
That looks pretty awesome! :p J/w how much did it set you back??
Well, I had a friend do it for me, and he only asked for $50 for it. I think that it would normally be like $100 or so to do it.

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
I got mine painted gloss black (match exterior) along with the ECU box and the cam gear cover...looks nice to me and most people notice it...but its important to not over due colors under your engine!!!!

·
Registered
3,397 Posts
I think the CF pieces look the best, but this is definitley a cheap alternative for a custom look. I wouldn't do any loud colors, though......................... :shame:

·
Premium Member
52,610 Posts
I think matching to body color looks good. Your inner fenders, etc are already matched to the body, so doing the covers would blend right in.

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
bartkat said:
I think matching to body color looks good. Your inner fenders, etc are already matched to the body, so doing the covers would blend right in.
that exactly what i thought, i was thinking red would be really loud so i went w/ the subtle GGP

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
JDMIS300 wrote:
but its important to not over due colors under your engine!!!!

why is that?

Ok...do u think our engine bay would look nice with all this red/yellow/blue etc colors going all over...kinda ricey dont u think?

·
Registered
3,965 Posts
JDMIS300 said:
JDMIS300 wrote:
but its important to not over due colors under your engine!!!!

why is that?

Ok...do u think our engine bay would look nice with all this red/yellow/blue etc colors going all over...kinda ricey dont u think?
word.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts