Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Vendor
4,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Again here are the "finished" pics of my paint and l-sportline kit. The front barcode is "MLW" for a dead homie and the back is "MB" for a dead doggie. All in all a very frustrating experience but I think it turned out pretty good. There are some things that need to be repainted but I am glad to be rolling it again before winter.

rear with custom led tails

another front shot

I m tired goin to bed.
l8
Fig

·
Registered
393 Posts
Nice pics! I forgot how good the L-Sportline kit looked.

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
Wino_II said:
What the hell took 4 months??
I think the custom paint job with barcodes took the longest, if done right by a body shop and you have to paint EVERYthing it takes a while

-Eddie

·
Vendor
4,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well actually the paint shop had a few "internal" issues. halfway through my car the head painter fired one guy and another quit, so it was one guy to do the production and my paint....needless to say the insurance work took precedence. It was only 8 hours for the barcode and I helped mask it out since mathematics and auto painters aren't synomous. We measured the travel of the barcode and scaled each thickness accordingly. So most of the wait was just to come every week and see that nothing had been done.

Another thing that took a long time was the paint prep. 8 hours of prep on that damn kit, pin holes everywhere :pissed: I even rushed the focker in so that they could have it there and is was the last thing painted. Oh well, they let me do all of the R and I so I saved some cash and I feel like I work there now ...don't now if that is a good thing.

L8 r
Fig

·
Registered
118 Posts
why a barcode??
i like the tail lights, what did you do to them?
i would get the clear middle trunk lights to go with the whole set up of the back, that would look tight

·
Vendor
4,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
vinceprince said:
why a barcode??
i would get the clear middle trunk lights to go with the whole set up of the back, that would look tight
I wanted to pay tribute to my friend without plastering his initials on my ride. So I converted his initials to a barcode type that supports alpha and numberic values. So it is not just a bunch of lines but has some meaning behind it.

The trunk lights are gonna change too thanks for noticing

·
Registered
9,720 Posts
Fig said:
vinceprince said:
why a barcode??
I wanted to pay tribute to my friend without plastering his initials on my ride. So I converted his initials to a barcode type that supports alpha and numberic values. So it is not just a bunch of lines but has some meaning behind it.

The trunk lights are gonna change too thanks for noticing
is the barcode a typical thing to do? i have never heard of that...i actually like it

·
Podiatrist
23,616 Posts
whatr you talking about barcode?

·
Registered
9,720 Posts
Fig said:
Neother I nor the paint shop had ever done anything like it so...not very typical. I am just an enginerd so I thought of it
that's cool, very original, subtle and pays respect where due

nice ride

·
Registered
4,317 Posts
superb idea. i love the look of being unique, and having something that nobody else has on their IS. mad props to you and your bodyshop man, thats awesome

1 - 20 of 26 Posts