Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Vendor
5,569 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
NEED PEOPLE TO TEST! $699 shipped and we need 5 people to test this!!!
Custom IS300 Competition Clutch Stage 2 and 13.56Lb steel flywheel combo

Guys and gals,

We are building a special my.is driven flywheel and clutch. This project will be by the my.is'rs and for the my.is'rs through us and competition clutch. Here is the post, read through it and voice your opinion.

We are literally making this specific to the needs of this community!

POST: http://my.is/forums/f88/official-new-flywheel-under-development-thmotorsports-competition-clutch-423576/#post6358246

Thanks in advance,

Edward
1-800-959-0145
[email protected]
THMotorsports - Discount Performance Parts Sale | Lowest Price | Free Shipping - Homepage

·
BLACK RICAN
2,569 Posts
I care but its the holidays only reason I'm on cause I'm stuck cause of the weather and I'm looking for a new clutch

·
Vendor
5,569 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
specs on clutches:

Stage 2 = This assembly provides an estimated 80% increase in torque capacity and is properly suited for aggressive street use and moderate track use. The Brass Plus full-face material with its alloy backing matched to a performance pressure plate will provide smooth engagement and extended life. 500 mile break-in highly recommended with this set-up. 300 mile break-in REQUIRED with this set-up. Good for 300whp.
The 2100 Series kit includes a performance pressure plate, a high torque sprung disc with antiburst steel backed Brass Plus facings, all applicable bearings, and the appropriate alignment tool.

Stage 3 = This segmented Kevlar material with a performance pressure plate will provide the ultimate in street and strip combinations. This assembly is suited for 150% increase in torque capacity. Provides quick but smooth engagement and extended life. 500 mile break-in REQUIRED with this set-up. Good for 375whp
The 2300 Series kit includes a performance pressure plate, a high torque sprung disc with segmented Kevlar facings, all applicable bearings, and the appropriate alignment tool.

Stage 4 = This assembly, available with a double spring, six rivet carriage is good for ease of gear transition with higher horsepower. This disc complimented by a performance pressure plate provides 250% increase in torque capacity. 300 mile break-in recommended with this set-up. Good for 450whp.
The 1620 Series kit includes a performance pressure plate, a six puck high torque sprung disc with Ceramic buttons, all applicable bearings, and the appropriate alignment tool.

Stage 5 = This assembly, available with a double spring, six rivet carriage is good for ease of gear transition with higher horsepower. This disc complimented by a performance pressure plate provides 300% increase in torque capacity. 300 mile break-in recommended with this set-up. Good for 500whp.
The 1420 Series kit includes a performance pressure plate, a four puck high torque sprung disc Ceramic buttons, all applicable bearings, and the appropriate alignment tool.

·
Registered
960 Posts
What's the break in procedure?

·
Vendor
5,569 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
What's the break in procedure?
-Street drive for 300-500 miles as recommended (no highway), must be more stop and go
-Do not use more than 40% throttle
-Do not go over 4K rpm

Each flywheel has a groove that needs to be worked in with the clutch. This is done so they mate properly. The first 300-500 miles may be a bit rough and after that its smooth sailing. This ensures that there won't be premature warping on the flywheel or any other issues.

Thanks in advance,

Edward
1-800-959-0145
[email protected]sports.com
THMotorsports - Discount Performance Parts Sale | Lowest Price | Free Shipping - Homepage

1 - 20 of 44 Posts