Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yea, I was playing with CF again...

Waiting for tails to arrive so I can resume work on LED tails, I've been messing with CF like crazy.

I've been needing a STB for awhile now considering my auto-x road racing habits, and I've always liked the JIC CF bar. Problem is, they are harder to find, and when you do find them, you're paying a premium to get one.

This one might not be as nice as the JIC, but it killed some time, and I get better at this everytime I do it.

I would even consider doing a limited run on these, depending on interest, but not until I'm caught up or ahead on tails and LEDs.

Anyway, The bar I purchased from ebay for like $40 shipped, and I too kit from there......

·
Registered
355 Posts
that looks great man...id consider buying one if you made it

·
Registered
136 Posts
did u use 3M carbor fiber adhesive sheets? wonder how will it last with the heat

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
That is some pretty good work & it appears that clearance won't be a prob. based on a similar configuration to the JIC. Keep up the good work. +rep

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
With all the CF wrapping there should be a DIY! I know id love to know how its done.

·
Banned
1,414 Posts
Definitely interested in one of those if you decide to sell them... Looks great.

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
id be interested in one as well. and nick i will be sending the lights out today or tomorrow! just get back to my pm about shipping insurance and i will send it out form work. maybe even today. just pm me here. and strut bar looks great! leet us know some prices. and does it clear the cover?

·
Registered
6,754 Posts
That is some pretty good work & it appears that clearance won't be a prob. based on a similar configuration to the JIC. Keep up the good work. +rep
no clearance problems? how can you tell? you'll have to bolt it up to see. may not clear the engine cover, rub on the intake pipe or the hoodliner. JIC bars had some of these issues.

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
forgot to add what a great job you did on my tails and trunks. i would def recommend your work to anyone on this board! bravo! and i got the shipping slip ready to go. hope to get you back everything you need to continue with other projects asap! thanks again.

pics of your work coming soon!

·
Premium Member
5,701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
so this is a ebay strut bar wrapped in CF?
Yep. I was told by someone on ISFanatics that the ebay bar can be broken very easily, and we'll know very soon because race season is almost here, and my car is ever so slightly approaching the no-longer-ideal-for-the-street status.

If I were to make a run, i think it would be limited, and I would get a bar that is durable and can take the heat of road racing and auto-x's.

I'll try to break this one, and we'll go from there. It shouldn't be hard, because I've broken things on my car that hard core boosted and racing IS's haven't been able to break.

·
Registered
3,591 Posts
How much to wrap it if I were to send you one?

·
Premium Member
5,701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
How much to wrap it if I were to send you one?
Still working out those details. I don't want to break rules here, so most likely, pricing and whatnot will be discussed on the other board.

·
Premium Member
3,582 Posts
Nick, that looks hot.

let me know how it works out.

Hit me up if it doesn't break and you have a few more.

I know its just an eBay part, but would that carbon fiber add any sort of support or sturdyness?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts