Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well here are some pics of the drivers lower seat panel.. Still has to be coated a few more times and sanded down then buffed before it's ready to be out on. I hope this turns out how i wanted it to.. Let me know what you think... Like it? Hate it? Don't really care? I'll post update pics in the next few days.

http://www.geocities.com/bordrkid20/carbonfiber.html?1070343243535

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
the lower panel where the seat adjustment controls are?

you would still need holes for the 2 buttons.........?

i think it's a nice accent to the interior....i wouldn't go carbon fiber crazy like some people.....but that would be a nice subtle piece that you would only notice when entering and exiting...so if you love it, you'll see it, if you hate it......you won't have to keep staring at it

do you plan on selling these?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yes this is the lower seat panel where the power seat buttons are.
yea i know it needs holes... the piece isn't finished yet i just wanted to get some opinions.
yes if anyone is interested in purchasing a pair once i finish both seat covers can do so... haven't thought about prices or anything like that yet.. i wanna see how both seats turn out and post pics of the finished product installed and then go from there. any input would anyone might have is cool with me.. let me know..

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
if you plan on selling them......(depending on quality and fitment)

i think you could sell quite a few being there are so many IS's on the show scene and carbon fiber is all the rage right now.....

looks good from what i've seen

good luck with it....keep us posted.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The darkness is partly do to crapy light when the pics were taken. It's made with real carbon fiber and has a nice weave pattern to it being that this was the first attempt. It should be done and ready to be installed by Wed. so i'll try to post pics of the finished product installed and all that Wed. night.. Thanks for all the + responses everyone!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
what do you mean by it not being visable? open your door dude and what's the first thing you look at?? the seat your going to be sitting in right? these aren't ment to stand out like a 5ft. china wing on your trunk.. anyways being that i already have a cf dash kit this complements the dash kit perfectly and plus it covers up and gives some class to the nasty stock plastic pieces. for those who don't have a dash kit or have something other than carbon fiber inside then they prob wouldn't be n2 these cuz it would look outa place. but if you got a cf kit they really do complete the kit without going cf crazy.. i'll have pics of the finished product installed tomorrow and i'll try to snap sum pics during the day.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
it's just an outer shell made of carbon fiber that will fit perfectly to the stock plastic piece. to try and make a complete replacement piece would be crazy due to fitment issues, intallation, and cost. wouldn't you rather just attach the carbon fiber mold to your stock piece and be good to go?? think of it this way, if you have a carbon fiber dash kit you would know that the kit is made up of pieces that cover stock pieces, they don't replace them. It's a 10min at most install job that anyone with half a brain can do. im going to be posting new pics very soon.. i know i said by today but it is still drying so for sure by tomorrow i'll have it installed and pics up to see. i think this is an item that you have to look at it with an open mind and take a chance with it. either you love it or you hate it..

·
Registered
908 Posts
Who is going to look down at your seat when they are looking at your car at a show for example? The first thing that someone would look at when they open your door is the bootom of your seat? No, they look at the dash and stuff. And yes, I have a CF dash kit. I am very interested in this....but I'm not sure if there would be many people who would be.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
my whole reason behind this post was to get others opinions... I don't expect everyone to love it nor did i expect anyone to even be interested in possibly purchasing a pair.... Point im trying to make here is all I was looking for was others view on this mod and so on. But if others like it enough that they would want a piar of there own then im more than willing to make them sum that all of course pending the final outcome of the pair im finishing now. =) im not trying to argu about where everyone looks first when they open there doors i was just trying to respond to your question/response...

·
Guru of Supercharged ISs
6,620 Posts
Jeesze already?????

..Either you like or you don't like.....?

it's a simple Question.......WTF is up with all the Anal retentive semantics on who looks where & when ....... blah blah blah... ???

No one SEES the IPT carbon engine pieces either unless you open the freaking hood & show them,.... but they sold plenty of them....

No one SEES my Carbon Fiber Razo Pedals either but i love them,... & they go great with all the other CF in my car.......

At car shows the doors or a door to cars are usually open at some point, & these would be readily visible, look bitchin & should def score show points for uniqueness & originality i'd imagine....

I think it looks killer!!

...........but everyone here knows i'm a CF junkie so that aint news... :p

I also live in W.H. too, & want to talk to you about helping me with some other stuff i want covered in CF... hit me up with a PM will ya ... i just sent you one.... 8)

Strange.........I personally know of another person, ALSO in W.H. who is making these exact pieces.... saw an early prototype last tuesday/ wednesday evening.....funny how there seem to be two different folks in W.H. specifically, currently working on the exact same thing....

:wink: :lol:

talk to ya soon! PM or aim me...

edG

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
im thinkin it's the same person you know already... we talked at the auto shop when your car came in... I have a '01 GGP with the L-Sportline kit and slammed to the ground... Im sure you remember now=P anyways i sent you a pm

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
=P koo koo well now that were on the same page i just want to thank you for your post as to either likeing this or not... i swear it's not that difficult yet "some" make it out to be the end of the world.... either way i give you mad props for a well put ending statement as to who sees what and where and so on =P

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.