Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if the Cusco Rear CF Strut Tower Bar is compatible with the Cusco rear strut Triangle Bar??? TIA :D

·
Registered
576 Posts
I have seen the Cusco Trainagulated add-on installed. The bottom of the traingle does not sit flat on the floor of the trunk.. It's a U shipped piece of metal turned upside down. It just sits on top of the trunk floor.

YOu might want to think that over before sending money for the triangulated part.

·
Registered
2,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Chin Kwan said:
I have seen the Cusco Trainagulated add-on installed. The bottom of the traingle does not sit flat on the floor of the trunk.. It's a U shipped piece of metal turned upside down. It just sits on top of the trunk floor.

YOu might want to think that over before sending money for the triangulated part.
So it doesn't sit flat, hmmmmmm..........does it just look bad or is it just not worth it because it is not functional???

From the pics I have seen it looks like it fits on that hump we have in the trunk...........or is that what you are talking about???

·
Registered
576 Posts
There is a inverted " U Shaped" clip that points down to the hump.. Basically, there is only that two tips of the inverted U that touches the trunk floor.. The U shaped piece is plenty sturdy but still it does not sit flat...

I presume that the JDM ALTEZZA has a slightly different trunk floor then us and that it's able to sit flush.. I am not 100% sure but I think there were holes that were meant for it to be drilled into the trunk floor...

IMHO, I think the money for the triangulated brace is better spent getting the other braces if you do not already have them..

By the way, Cusco has another trunk brace that goes to the rear hatch right up to the cargo rings....It sits where the Honda Integra R tail brace sits inside the trunk.. Might be better there to strengthen there...

·
Registered
2,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Chin Kwan said:
There is a inverted " U Shaped" clip that points down to the hump.. Basically, there is only that two tips of the inverted U that touches the trunk floor.. The U shaped piece is plenty sturdy but still it does not sit flat...

I presume that the JDM ALTEZZA has a slightly different trunk floor then us and that it's able to sit flush.. I am not 100% sure but I think there were holes that were meant for it to be drilled into the trunk floor...

IMHO, I think the money for the triangulated brace is better spent getting the other braces if you do not already have them..

By the way, Cusco has another trunk brace that goes to the rear hatch right up to the cargo rings....It sits where the Honda Integra R tail brace sits inside the trunk.. Might be better there to strengthen there...
Thanks!!! I don't think I am going to be getting the triangle brace anymore. I think it will look kind of ghetto if it isn't secured and flush. Any other info on the other Cusco bar you were talking about.....pics or part #???

·
Registered
130 Posts
The cusco Triangle bar is a universal piece. I myself have put it on a Tanabe rear strut bar. The Cusco Rear Triangle bar comes with 4 spacers so it can basiclly fit on most strut bar out their today for our cars.
If you are interested in buying this piece i have one for sale PM me if your interested.

·
Registered
2,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
LilJungNam Part2 said:
The cusco Triangle bar is a universal piece. I myself have put it on a Tanabe rear strut bar. The Cusco Rear Triangle bar comes with 4 spacers so it can basiclly fit on most strut bar out their today for our cars.
If you are interested in buying this piece i have one for sale PM me if your interested.
Do you believe that the triangle bar actually does anything??? Is it worth the money???

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
About this Discussion
9 Replies
5 Participants
R808IS300
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing