Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey dudes:

Got my '03 IS from a Toyota dealership. I want to have a Lexus service dept. at a dealership to do a full vehicle maintainence before winter hits (maybe I should have had someone look at her b4 I bought her!! Oh well). What has everyone's experience been at a Lexus service dept.? What do they all do for vehicle maintainence? I'm thinking that they do more than the average dealership. How long does it take? COST?????? Is it worth going to them or am I better off going to a regular place?

Thanks

·
Registered
162 Posts
JDIS300 said:
Hey dudes:

Got my '03 IS from a Toyota dealership. I want to have a Lexus service dept. at a dealership to do a full vehicle maintainence before winter hits (maybe I should have had someone look at her b4 I bought her!! Oh well). What has everyone's experience been at a Lexus service dept.? What do they all do for vehicle maintainence? I'm thinking that they do more than the average dealership. How long does it take? COST?????? Is it worth going to them or am I better off going to a regular place?

Thanks
Lexus service is excellent but very expensive. I believe they charge $90/hour for labor. They will give you a nice Lexus loaner though..thats always a plus.

·
Premium Member
6,292 Posts
JDIS300 said:
Hey dudes:

Thanks
It depends on what you want done, how many miles are on the car?
Do you want them to do a regular service maintenance like 15k, 30k, etc or do you want them to do an overall mechanical inspection of the car and tell you what the car needs.
A service maintenance such as a 15k or a 30k, etc has a set pkg price (parts and labor included) An overall mechanical inspection of the car takes about an hour, 2 hours tops and you will be informed or given a list of what the car needs.

·
Registered
656 Posts
If you're just doing routine maintenance, take it to a Toyota dealership and save yourself a ton of money. The Lexus dealers sometimes literally charge twice what a Toyota dealership would for the same work. They do a bunch of checks that are totally unnecessary and charge you a ton for it. If you're not do for a major service, you might be good with an oil change.

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
cryostate said:
If you're just doing routine maintenance, take it to a Toyota dealership and save yourself a ton of money. The Lexus dealers sometimes literally charge twice what a Toyota dealership would for the same work. They do a bunch of checks that are totally unnecessary and charge you a ton for it. If you're not do for a major service, you might be good with an oil change.
I second that.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the advice everyone. My IS approaching 30K and its non-certified which is why I was interested in some kind of full maintainence/inspection. I went to a Lexus dealership and they gave a list of their recommended routine vehicle service at 30K. They change or replace only about 5-6 things and do a lot of "inspecting" for a grand total of $560. I'll prolly go to the Toyota dealership for oil changes and stuff.

·
Registered
656 Posts
JDIS300 said:
Thanks for the advice everyone. My IS approaching 30K and its non-certified which is why I was interested in some kind of full maintainence/inspection. I went to a Lexus dealership and they gave a list of their recommended routine vehicle service at 30K. They change or replace only about 5-6 things and do a lot of "inspecting" for a grand total of $560. I'll prolly go to the Toyota dealership for oil changes and stuff.
I got my 30k service at Toyota for $293. The Lexus dealer was quoting $615. Just follow your Lexus service manual for what needs to be done at each service interval. The Lexus dealers, along with all those checks, also does things they do not need to do each time just to make money.

·
Banned
295 Posts
I have found that Glendora Toyota does far better than Longo Lexus. Longo takes too long, does not even wash your car. Glendora is fast, well priced, friendly, and washes my car. For the aftermarket work I go to LMW - better that anyone yet!

Entropy

·
Registered
50 Posts
I just bought my 2001 IS 300 with 58K miles on it. I negotiated to have the vehicle "Certified Pre-Owned" which provided me with the normally very expensive 60K service where they even replaced the timing belt. The selling dealer wanted $2K to certify the car, but I negotiated that to $1K, and I got 4.9% APR on my loan with Toyota Credit. I also get my First Service FREE.

Carguy1

1 - 10 of 10 Posts