Cadillac CTS
220 HP
220 ft.lbs.
RWD

Lexus IS300
215 HP
218 ft.lbs.
RWD

Which car is better in performance, reliability, value, etc.

·
Registered
158 Posts
i also compared both before i got my IS. i test drove them both and i fell in love with the IS the cts not so much. the Toyota will also hold its value better then the GM.

·
Registered
9,971 Posts
The IS will probably keep up with the CTS despite the 5 hp differnece. I don't know the weight of the CTS though. Since it's a Cadillac, it's probably heavier than the IS. One thing's for certain: The IS will eat up the CTS in the twisties. :p

·
Registered
148 Posts
The CTSv will be one of the best performing factory sedans out there, but the regular 2004 CTS with 255 hp won't be bad (stick will still use 220 hp engine). I test drove the current 220 hp CTS with automatic, and the engine feels strong and the handling is good, but not quite as sharp as the IS. The CTS is a little bit bigger and roomier. I prefer the interior of the IS, but I think the CTS is a great car overall. Quality on that car has been first rate.

·
Registered
212 Posts
I have both cars as a matter of fact. The decision mainly comes down to whether you're looking more for sport or luxury. The IS300 looks much sportier and handles better, but is not quite as refined on the interior. Little things in the CTS like memory seats and the faux maple trim add up to create a nice overall package, it also come across as being targeted to an older buyer.

·
Registered
6,906 Posts
it's not all about hp. maybe you should drive them both and then decide. you're numbers don't take weight into consideration, nor balance. of course if you're just looking at straight line performance, you probably drag your knuckles and should buy a mustang.

·
Registered
5,074 Posts
i thought i read that the CTS was larger and designed to compete more with the BMW 525 rather than the 3 series or IS.

·
Registered
148 Posts
The CTS is sized like a 5-Series but priced like a 3-Series. Cadillac does consider the IS300 to be a direct competitor.

·
Registered
30 Posts
although the CTS is a great car with a great interior I consider it for a slightly older demographic than the IS. If I was 40 it might be a better choice, IMO I think the CTS looks best in black.

·
Registered
840 Posts
personally, I dont like the look of CTS. Second, I don't prefer American car. Third, Lexus and Toyota are the best #1 durability among any other car makers.

Now, it's up to you!

Good Luck!

·
Registered
3,031 Posts
Looking at pictures of the CTS interior, it looks pretty cheap. I don't know if the leather on the seats are top notch or not, but the plastic around the dash and center console seem to look a little like the Altima.

·
Registered
2,321 Posts
CTS: interior (especially instrument panel) looks really cheap. large trunk space, more interior room than an IS3. don't see anything special about it.....you're overpaying for a :-? looking car

1 - 20 of 31 Posts