1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
CO2 Tank

Sprayer

Is this worth the money?

Any turbo or S/C IS out there that utilizes this system?

·
Registered
427 Posts
I'd rather use the NX n-tercooler.
the sprayer on that kit looks ghetto.

A chiller is going to be my next upgrade - or a 40 shot before the intercooler - if this one is dramatically cheaper and produces the same results..i'll consider it.

·
Registered
2,710 Posts
I am sponosored by Nitrous Xpress and am currently running their Ntercooler setup....Will give a write up on that and my whole Toyomoto experience once the 6spd and EVERYTHING is done....
-Matt

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
the one in the picture only covers a small square, unlike NX's.

quick question????---when do you activate this. is it a manual system or does it activate at certain boost levels.

·
Registered
8,661 Posts
There's one thing about these intercooler sprays I don't get. I read up on them a bit a while ago (so if i'm wrong then sorry) and they lower the temp to around 30f or so. They say just below freezing. I guess this would only be beneficial in places that are hot all four seasons. For New Yorkers and most people in the tri-state area, you could really only use this in the hot summers. The winters normally reach temperatures around 30's or below. So basically, in the winter, it's like constantly driving with the same temperature as a intercooler spray bar would give you.

So if you live in a generally cold area, then it doesn't make to much of a difference. But people down in the south or the Cali people could use it.

I wish somebody had dynos of this to see if it actually makes a significant difference.

·
Registered
427 Posts
This setup would be good for cars with small OEM intercoolers,
or perhaps like side or top mount intercoolers. For larger fmic's..
i'd use the nx system.

on a side note: i cant seem to find the n-tercooler anywhere to buy it on the net - the nitrous express page seems to only sell to retailers

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
To shed some light.

They make 2 sizes of intercooler sprayers. The one pictured is the smaller one.

Adding the sprayer and the intake kit will add around 18rwhp. However, it only last 3 minutes on the small 5lb bottle and CO2 is extremely cheap and safe.

This information game from the company. Application really only suited for the track unless u have money to burn.

·
Registered
387 Posts
there are also other ad-ons to this system that helps cool the intak temperatures more.

http://www.designengineering.com/cryo2_related_items.html

they include a fuel cooler and an air intake cooler.
all in all the people I have talked to that have used it really like it. Not to mention CO2 is alot cheaper than N2O.

lilis300: Your response is true. but with a system like this or the nx
n-tercooler. You are not going to be using all of the time anyway. think of it like a shot of N2O, you are only going to be using it when you need that extra little bit of hp.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts