Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
871 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think I finally achieved it. I have been looking for that balance of subtle, yet UNstock-look that will turn some heads, but at the same time NOT attract too much attention from the local PD. I also don't want the hassle of being too low that I have to slow down on every dip or speedbump.

I just added a set of '06 OEM IS350 wheels on 225/40 and 245/40 tires. Since the wheels are 18s, I am a bit higher off the ground, and at the same time cover up more wheel gap. However, I did discover that the rears rub when I hit certain bumps, and the front inner wheel well rubs when I reverse and turn.:( I also put on my front plate since my last post - just to avoid any future issues with california law enforcement...
Here are some pics:

This one shows how flush this sucka is. Also a nice picture of the Lebron logo I put on my rear windows...

View from the side:

How she was before on stockies...

***Can everyone tell me how much they paid to roll their fenders? Planning on doing it soon, and just want a figure for reference.

I am still looking for that ever elusive TRD grill, but I may have an alternative. If that does not work out, I guess I can live with my plastic ebay grill. The only other change I would like to make is the maybe the exhaust; other than that, I think she is a done deal.

Have a good and safe weekend everyone, time for beer and BBQ!

·
Registered
148 Posts
Very clean IS man.. ? What ebay front mesh grill did you get cause I looking to get one. Who was the seller and how much did you pay? Was it easy to install? Thanks man!:)

·
Registered
6,571 Posts
Everything flows together very nicely. You'll probably have to shave off some material where your rear bumper screws in. My rear wheels were rubbing until I did that.

·
Registered
871 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Everything flows together very nicely. You'll probably have to shave off some material where your rear bumper screws in. My rear wheels were rubbing until I did that.
Thanks man, I plan on rolling my fenders. What size tires did you have on the rear? I was going to go with 255, but decided it would be safer to go with 245 - still need to roll!

·
Registered
6,571 Posts
Thanks man, I plan on rolling my fenders. What size tires did you have on the rear? I was going to go with 255, but decided it would be safer to go with 245 - still need to roll!
My rear wheel specs are as follows:

18x9 +38
235/40/18 Falken FK 452

·
Registered
6,571 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
No I love your IS man lol.. I just had a ? about your grill lol!

·
Registered
871 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
dude, nice bump.

thanks for the videos, I actually had my local tire shop to do it for $50/fender. I like that Japanese video, he got a nice headband and really enthusiastic about rolling fenders. The other one just seems a little too... Mr. Rogers (RIP) if you know what I mean...

I say take that hammer and bonk that fool that stole your spoiler.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Hot, hot, hot. I think you accomplished what you set out to achieve. :approve:

1 - 20 of 31 Posts