Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
how fast do you guys like to cruise on the fwys...?
for some reason or another i like to stay around 75+ (non rush hour)
maybe that's why my mpg is lousy?!?! 8)

·
Registered
3,373 Posts
i'm also b/w 70-80mph on the highway but sometimes the accelerator pedal gets stuck and it makes me go faster :wink:

·
Registered
557 Posts
I'd just like to be able to cruise at the posted 65, but everyone seems to merge on and off at 40 and then cruise at 50-55 (even outside of rush hour).

The cruise problems seems unique to the penninsula, but the merge problem occurs statewide.

It's nothing like Washington state, where the speed limit on I-5 between Portland and Seattle is something like 75 or 85, and everyone is going 95.

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
If there is heavy traffic, I'll go probably go about 5 mph over whatever the flow is, but gradually get through traffic, not cut in and out. If the is light to medium traffic, I probably average about 80-85 mph. Now commuting between Austin and Houston is a different story. I think last week when I came home, I averaged about 105 mph. THat was fun :). After a while, 100 starts to feel like 70.

·
Registered
15,585 Posts
I try to keep it under 90 here... Anything over that and I wont be able to do defensive driving for a speeding ticket...just makes sense :)

·
Registered
5,074 Posts
HoustonLex said:
I try to keep it under 90 here... Anything over that and I wont be able to do defensive driving for a speeding ticket...just makes sense :)
you only have to get it down to 90 by the time the cop gets your speed. There's almost always enough traffic around that I'll get good warning from my V1 or spot the cop. I almost shat my pants though one time I was coming back to Houston and a little outside of Beaumont and the laser went off and there weren't any GM or GMC trucks around and I was doing about 95. I never did figure out where it was coming from.

·
Registered
865 Posts
usually around 70-80, occasionally 90. Depends on traffic, and how I feel like driving... :D

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
About this Discussion
27 Replies
23 Participants
Tha Reaper
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing