Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well like ive mentioned before, i have to get ride of my rims. I really dont want to cause i really REALLY like them, but its not going to work unless i get some spacers and extended bolts. Instead i would grab a decent set of wheels now, and opt the expensive wheels for the Tein SS suspension im looking into pickin up next weekend. When im ready, ill follow a fellow IS friend and get a custom wheel design..looked Great! i sometimes see them in my dreams, and is a Great step towards total customization to My baby!

this is what i have on my car now, Ikon 18''

here is one set a friend showed me..good price i just dont like that many bolt holes exposed. i dont think they have a cover.. what do you think of the brand?

·
Registered
420 Posts
DR-8

SIZE:17x7 / 18x7
BOLT PATTERN:17" - (4 x 100/114.3)(5 x 100/114.3)
18" - (4 x 100/114.3)(5 x 100/114.3)
FINISH:Gloss Black, Gun Metal, Silver

LOVE THEM!

Good choice!

·
Premium Member
27,116 Posts
The style isn't bad... and looks similar to what you have now. But like you... I'm not a fan of rims with multiple holes in the center. The last two sets of rims I bought I specifically made sure not to get a style that has multiple holes.

To me it looks like you went to Walmart and bought one-size fits all rims... :blush: The style is cool... but I say get one specifically designed with your bolt pattern.

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ps... where u getting them from?

maybe i can help u out ?
maybe you can, right now im just looking through buy and sell, im not buying brand new. Something cheap and nice. juss for now.

here are few others ive found.

·
Premium Member
27,116 Posts
The first rims you posted look like the new VW Scirocco rims.

The BBS knock-offs don't look that bad...

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
maybe you can, right now im just looking through buy and sell, im not buying brand new. Something cheap and nice. juss for now.

QUOTE]

i am a five star lover, but i like these for some reason.

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
deep dish nice I can put a cigarette pack on my rear lip with 1/2 inch to spare.

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thats what im talkin about...some FAT lips! i met this guy from montreal who will SHIP 18'' wheels for $650 tell me thats not a fuckin steal? AND! that INCLUDES a staggered setup! 8.5 up front and 9.5 in the rear!

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

Stern ST-5 Jock Face, available in 18x9.5, 48mm offset and 18x8.5 with 44mm offet.

Just talked to the guy, i think i like these ones he can get it to me in gloss black with chrome lip..

$680 SHIPPED TO MY MUTHER FUCKIN DOOR!

I THINK WE HAVE A WINNER!

·
Registered
2,753 Posts
Personally if I were you I wouldn't cheap out and get a cheaper set of rims for now. If you plan on getting a good pair of shoes why not wait till you have the money and go for the ones you really want? These rims may look good to you, but there is a definate difference in the quality of rims. i.e .. knock off brands may tend to bend far more easily.

BTW liking the ROJAs mrmonster, did you end up picking those up?

·
Registered
5,155 Posts
BTW liking the ROJAs mrmonster, did you end up picking those up?

Yeap :) I received them on Wed but they sent me the wrong sizes, I shipped them back yesterday and should be getting the correct ones sometime this next week.

The Rays boxes looked pretty heh.

·
Registered
2,753 Posts
Yeap :) I received them on Wed but they sent me the wrong sizes, I shipped them back yesterday and should be getting the correct ones sometime this next week.

The Rays boxes looked pretty heh.

I'm sure your gonna love the quality lol. I remember seeing a video recently of Rays quality of producing wheels. It was simply amazing. I can honestly say that the next set of wheels I buy will definately be Rays.

Thats pretty messed up to send you the wrong sizes, definately is a tease ;)

·
Registered
191 Posts

QUOTE]

i am a five star lover, but i like these for some reason.
Yes so can you hook me up with these where ever you are buying them?
I am in Canada too and maybe able to get a buddy of mine to pick them up,
he lives up your way.
Thanks
Derik

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
i need to get a set of wheels now, cuz i wont be able to do my brake job, the way i look at it i could sell my wheels and buy a set that will clear my calipers and not have to spend a dime.

Derik let me know what set you are interested in, ill talk to him about ordering two sets.

·
Premium Member
7,271 Posts

Stern ST-5 Jock Face, available in 18x9.5, 48mm offset and 18x8.5 with 44mm offet.

Just talked to the guy, i think i like these ones he can get it to me in gloss black with chrome lip..

$680 SHIPPED TO MY MUTHER FUCKIN DOOR!

I THINK WE HAVE A WINNER!
I LIKE!

·
Registered
962 Posts
friends shouldn't let friends roll on replica wheels.

they may look nice and all, but what's the quality control on these types of wheels?

you need to remember all weight of your vehicle is, and the wheels/tires take all the abuse from the roads.

seen enough pics of replica wheels cracking BADLY.

·
Registered
61 Posts
hey,
i got a set of rays 57f, if you really need rims. they are 18 by 8.5 all around.
they tires are 225/40/18 on the front and 245/40/18 on the rear.
i want $1000 for it.

1 - 20 of 80 Posts