Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any idea which credit bureaus are pulled when financing? I heard that certain companies will only pull one while some will pull all three and take an average. I have a pretty wide range on mine from 655 to 720.

·
Premium Member
6,292 Posts
Well, there are 3 major credit bureaus: EQUIFAX, EXPERIAN and TRANS UNION. It all depends which of these 3 they use.

by the way, Welcome aboard and enjoy surfing the site. :)

·
Mod er 8 er
608 Posts
I think most dealerships use Equifax because they show an auto beacon score.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the replies. I've been living in the US for 3 years now (Canadian citizen) and have been working diligently to build my credit. I have a relative short credit history of 2 years, a well paying job ($70K/year) and no late payments. I've never purchased a new car before so I am wondering if that will hurt my auto adjusted credit score which I think that's what the beacon score is. Please correct me if I am wrong. I'm not sure if I can qualify on my own or if I will need a co-signer. My low credit score is 657, my high is 712 and my average is 680. Do you think i would qualify by myself?

·
Registered
656 Posts
With your income, yes, you will get the loan, assuming you don't have a ridiculous amount of other debt. Auto dealers and the banks they work with want to sell you the car. You may not always get the best interest rate they offer (though 700 will usually do it), but you should get the loan. I think an auto loan is the easiest loan to get because the chance of default is much lower than with, say, a mortgage where the payment is much higher.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts