Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone else experienced the problem where there is a creak/squeak everytime the gas pedal is pressed or depressed? It's not a serious problem, but a little annoying since I just picked up the car on Thursday night. I really love the car!

BTW- I had a similar noise on my '96 328is clutch pedal.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Yes! I just noticed this about a week ago (usually have the stereo cranked up) and it's at the top of my list for 1000 mile service. It sounds really cheap.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Yes, decided to fix it myself. It's the spring on the pedal to make it return. It already has grease on it. Sprayed it with WD40 and used a small blade screwdrive to spread the coils apart so oil to work between coils. Hasn't squeaked since.

------------------

·
Registered
344 Posts
Way to go IDYE!!! Finally, someone who takes the initiative to take care of a little annoyance like a squeeky pedal by eimself instead of complaining to the dealership. Yeah, I know it's still under warranty but a squeek! You don't need to wait for the dealer to take care of that.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
4 Participants
GraphiteGray
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing