Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey wsup

Got an '03 Black E-shift w/ navi w/ black leather interior back in July. This is my first post and I'm really glad to be joining the Great IS circle. Really happy w/ it but there is this really subtle creaking nosie that comes from the shiftknob area on the center console. Anybody else have this weird noise??

THANKS,

JDIS300

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
You sure its from the console part, mines creaks but its coming from my seat belt thing (where I insert the strap....damn that doesn sound good :suspicious )

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah it sounds like its coming from somewhere in the center console. I pinpointed it mostly to the shiftknob but ive had ppl tell me it could be the seats creaking too. i really dunno. I know i shouldnt expect perfection since i got it non certified from a toyota dealership..... BUT STILL!!!!

·
Premium Member
6,292 Posts
I think it coming from that seat belt thingy as Josh said.....it's a sporadic creak.

By the way welcome aboard and enjoy surfing the site. :)

·
Registered
148 Posts
Ya, i have the same seatbelt sqeak. Was looking for a can of wd-40 today but it somehome managed to disappear. I've also got another noise coming from above/behind the rear driver's side. Not sure what that is, and since nobody is ever in my car i can't pinpoint it.

·
Registered
2,855 Posts
That could be the sunroof creak.

Also sometimes, there's a noise when my seatbelt rubs up against something in the b pillar which is right next to my left ear. Kinda annoying, but nothing big

·
Registered
12 Posts
Same here I have an '02 w/ E-shift & it often happens when I 1st start the car. I thought it's coming from the CD changer but I turned it off & I still here the sond. It goes away though after a few minutes.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts