Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just had Tein H-Techs and Tokico Non-adjs put on a week or two ago. After a few days I started to get a creaking sound from the rear, sounds like rear right but could be anywhere in the rear. Anyways low speed turning over bumps I get a sort of creaking sound from the rear.

I am planning on taking it to the shop that did the install, I'm hoping it's just something perhaps not torqued properly? I know they might try and pass it off on the struts and springs, all new but they were customer provided so they may try and give me a hard time.

Any ideas?

·
Registered
2,162 Posts
Yeah mine does that too. I think it has something to do with the stiffness of the suspension and flexing something else since the suspension isn't as soft anymore. The moonroof has been known to creak also.

Hope that helps!

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks.. not what I really wanted to hear but appreciate the info. Anybody else having this problem?

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
spray some WD-40 on the strut/shock mount from inside the wheel well for a couple of days straight and you will be fine the noise will go away eventually that is what I did w/my eibachs.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts