Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A week or two after I got my coilovers installed, I noticed a creaking sound coming from the rear of my car. It sounds like it's coming from the rear shelf/rear seat area. When I took my car in for maintenance and told them about the noise, they immediately wrote it off as "coming from modified suspension".

I doubt the coilovers are causing the creak because I can go over dips and take hard turns and the interior is silent. It only happens when hitting bumps and road imperfections where it would cause jarring. The creak I speak of is like any other creak that you would hear in an older vehicle.

I was just wondering if anyone else has had this problem and if it was fixed, what you did to fix it. Thanks!

·
Registered
3,173 Posts
I have this issue too. I know for a fact one of the squeeks is from my seat, and one of them is from somewhere towards the very front of the car.
The coilovers give you a much sportier ride, but the car takes a bit more of a beating just driving around.
I just want to know if there is something I can do to silence the squeeks, besides turning up the music.

·
Registered
6,731 Posts
Man, I get creaks from my seat, sunroof (which I had serviced but didn't help), backseats... I'm not going to take it to the dealer and have them cause more damage. They'll more than likely try to blame it on my mods.

My system is up most of the time so I don't even realize it unless I'm conversating w/others in the car.

·
Registered
941 Posts
The creaking coming from the seat is probably the seat belt holder. Try lubricating the shaft with some WD-40. That's how I got rid of my noise.

·
Registered
3,132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Leeno said:
The creaking coming from the seat is probably the seat belt holder. Try lubricating the shaft with some WD-40. That's how I got rid of my noise.
I know what you mean about the seatbelt anchors, but this is something totally different. Thanks anyway. :chill:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts