Lexus IS Forum banner

creaking front end and maybe rear

1K views 14 replies 11 participants last post by  guod5 
#1 ·
I have an 01 is300 and the front end really creaks and I think the back may be creaking too. What could cause this? The car has 106k and has the original control arm bushings. Would this cause this? I had an sc400 and there were a lot of threads on this and people replaced the entire suspension before one guy posted that some bolts were out of torque spec and had to be retorqued and the creaking went away. I notice the creaking when pulling out of my driveway, going around some turns slowly and other lower speed situations. I cant really tell if it happens at higher speeds as I really dont hear it. I also know it is coming from the front, but do not know if it is also in the rear. Anyone else experience this?

#5 ·
I have the same (sort of) problem and just got back from the dealer. They said that the front lower control arm bushings are worn and that is making the noise. They then quoted me $850 to fix it, saying that the entire control arm would have to be replaced because they cant just swap out the bushings. Does any one know if there is any truth to this?

#6 ·
well the bushings are bad but you can get an aftermarket bushings set but your gonna need a press to push them in and out but i dont know what company makes them any one else knows here?

#7 ·
#10 ·
height sensor? I notice if I jack my car up, it will make the EXACT same creaking sound I hear from inside the car. I know that sometimes cars will creak a little when being jacked up, BUT this is not the normal little creaking. The creaking always occurs when I get to a certain point when jacking the car up and I can repeat the noise by lowing and raising the car. it does it 100% of the time and always at the same heights.

#14 ·
I read a lot of posts on this since my car was "creaking" on bumps and turns drivers side front. I tried front sway bushings (which is super easy) and didnt help. got the car up on ramps and bench pressed the suspension just enough to narrow down where creak was. Replaced lower ball joint and all fixed.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.