Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I hear from a friend who purchased an 'O1 IS 300 that his mechanic told him that in Five (5) years the suspension on the IS would be needing major replace/repair +$2000 or so. He went on to tell my friend that purchasing a Lexus is a bad idea bcuz ur getting a tweaked out Toyota (partly true) but then the kicker is that he called BMW and Merc-Benz as having better reliability then a Toyota/Lexus. I stood there in disbelief at the crap I heard. Im assumin the mechanic is a quack but its soo stupid soundin that im wonderin if its actually true? Any idea/concerns/info on having problems with Suspension after 5 years of use? I currently got an '02 Eshift...no major problems except the irriitating brake noise that supposedly is normal/not threatnin...

note: I dont know how the mechanic knows after 5 years there will be a lot of problems seeing the oldest IS is only 4 years old????.....

·
Registered
656 Posts
The guy is an idiot. Mercedes are some of the most unreliable cars on the road, and BMWs aren't that great either. Consumer Reports rates the IS 300 as the most reliable entry level luxury vehicle on the road, and it is literally off their chart in terms of how much more reliable it is than the average in the industry. BMW is below average, and MB is near the bottom. Toyotas are known for their reliability in the industry, so why the heck he says it's bad to have a tweaked out Toyota is ridiculous. This car will give you no major problems if you take care of it. There are plenty of people on here who can vouch for that.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah thats what ive always thought and thats why i have been purchasing lexus cars since they came out. i had a feelin the guy was a moron but was jus checkin to see if that suspension bs was true or not.
cheers,

·
Premium Member
5,701 Posts
You still have like 28 more subforums to post this same story in, get back to work...

IBTFL.

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
Yeah once is enough.

IBTL

·
Premium Member
6,292 Posts
What :jawDrop: a mechanic said that.......... :suspiciou

·
Registered
3,339 Posts
A stock lexus suspension is supposed to last for the life of the car. I heard this from a few lexus tech's. I don't beleive that under any condition, but the suspension should last at least 150k, not 50k. That guy has a chip on his shoulder against toyota/lexus.

He probably likes those german cars because he gets more business from them. heh.

·
Registered
745 Posts
Damn mechanic is talking out his ass!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Inspar8r said:
You still have like 28 more subforums to post this same story in, get back to work...

IBTFL.
ohhh i have 28 more subforums? thanks for the info, ill make sure to hit all of em up...wtf???

·
Registered
656 Posts
IS300_808 said:
ohhh i have 28 more subforums? thanks for the info, ill make sure to hit all of em up...wtf???
Ignore him. I really wish the IS forum would ban the In Before the Lock post. It's rude and immature and is totally banned on a lot of forums.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
well heres an update, according to a couple sources, the mechanic is a well known...how should i say "celebrity" or figure known in hawaii who does a lot of tv shows and has his own radio show. the guy is known for drag racing and works mostly with domestic cars. i contacted the GM at Lexus here in my state and was assured that no problems of any sort was ever reported or heard of about the suspension..as for the eurotrash bmw and mercz-benz being so reliable, both companies from wut i heard are tryin to open a larger service center because cars are being brought in at unprecidented numbers for different service needs..i dunno if that has to do mostly with ur normal oil change or wut but im guessin its a sign towards its quality and build...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts