Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
That is crazy money. It looks like it is in really nice shape, but it isn't even a manual. I've seen similar crazy pricing action with BMW's on BAT. I guess there are some people that are willing to pay top dollar for a specific car.

·
Registered
42 Posts
57k miles though. It's probably minty fresh inside where you spend 100% of the time. If I were in the market and I was considering no other cars I would probably splurge like that.
It had some pretty gnarly sticky dash though. Not to mention the splitting timing belt.. Clean yes, 14k clean for a stock auto? Heck no.

Either way, hopefully the new owner enjoys it.

I will say, it's nice to see clean examples fetching some coin though. In a decade or so they will be harder to find and hopefully appreciate quite a bit.

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
It had some pretty gnarly sticky dash though. Not to mention the splitting timing belt
I did not look at it in detail. The sticky dash does suck and would definitely draw the price down if I were the buyer.

Clean yes, 14k clean for a stock auto? Heck no.
This, we were talking about in some other thread recently. Not worth it to you but worth it to someone else. That's the price of things.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I did not look at it in detail. The sticky dash does suck and would definitely draw the price down if I were the buyer.

This, we were talking about in some other thread recently. Not worth it to you but worth it to someone else. That's the price of things.
I think we're in agreement on the other thread, but what I'm talking about here is moreso the artificial inflation due to it being on BaT. I'd be willing to bet if that car sold as a regular private sale (on CL or the likes) it would have not sold for over $10k.

That's not to say what you said is incorrect - you're absolutely right in that it's worth whatever someone will pay.

·
Registered
754 Posts
yes the inflation is because of BaT. i would have tried to put my car up for sale on there if it wasnt so 'heavily modded'.

what is the timing belt interval, time wise? 10 years? 15 years? i can pretty much guarantee you whoever bought this didnt know about the 10/15 year provision on the timing belt. probably thought he was good to go until 90k.

i like how they took like 6 pictures of the timing belt, like its still okay to run until 90k.

·
Registered
132 Posts
I saw that auction when it was live. If it was in a manual transmission that's the price I would pay to buy it, considering it has no accidents, OEM parts, and one owner. It's in California too so I don't need to pay for shipping.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I am actually shocked that it sold for that much with the dash in that condition, and the t belt. Not to mention curbed wheels and some weird exterior blemishes. I am one of the biggest proponents of is300s going up in value. I proudly paid $5,800 for mine with 123k on it and I know there are people that would think that is crazy. I think clean is300s are certainly worth decent money, but damn not 13-14k for this one. I would personally rate it at about $8,000. And yes the link posted is a much better deal. in NC! Good find!

·
Registered
132 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
BAT is nice becuase cars do tend to sell for more and you dont have to deal with the craigslist BS and lowballs from 17 year old kids telling you they got "cash today". The more I see manual prices the more i feel blessed to pay what i did for my stock 5speed.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts