Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
3,428 Posts
that car is definitely hot!!!!! BUT with those doors, would you be able to park next to other cars??(SUV or trucks).....and would it suck even more if it was raining??...maybe its just me, but i'd worry too much about the hazards of those types of doors....still sick as hell tho! :D

·
Registered
458 Posts
Gullwing doors

It's not all that expensive. I know a kid that did it to an A3 Jetta (hey, don't flame on me I didn't waste the money)

I have to admit it is a tight Jetta though.
He paid 2g's and said he would never do it again. Because you are all correct PARKING nest to anyone is IMPOSSIBLE

·
Registered
84 Posts
Problem with doors like that is if its your everyday car, in time, your doors will sag and it won't be even with your car. It'll be expensive since We have to do it on all 4 doors. If you have the money and the IS isn't your daily driver...do it. I don't think anyone has that in an IS.

·
Registered
305 Posts
The car's bad. And who the hell is gonna park that car in tight spaces between cars anyway? I don't park near other cars and I just have an IS.

·
Registered
9,971 Posts
That car is focking awesome, but wouldn't it be better if the doors went straight up like Lamborghini doors?

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
you can do the lambo style doors
which opens forward

yes it can run from 1500- up
depends on the shop

they also sells a do it yourself lambo kit
for the civic $1500
and they are working on other cars too

·
Registered
8,661 Posts
T Man said:
That car is focking awesome, but wouldn't it be better if the doors went straight up like Lamborghini doors?
I was thinking the same thing...those doors on the bimmer come out at a really weird angle...so getting in and out with cars around you would be imposible...they'd have to come out really straight. But still..NICE! :eek:

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
About this Discussion
30 Replies
29 Participants
ITALIAN LEX
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing