Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

· Premium Member
3,900 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Insurance claimed it a total loss today...

Here is the story:

Last Thursday me and a couple my buddies were out at some clubs (I was the DD). We were chillin' in VIP with POD and some others when another of my friends called to say Pharrell and Ludacris just walked into a nearby club (we had a huge concert in town). We decided to go over there so I grab the IS and head out.

We were about to drive up the on-ramp to the interstate when a black truck comes up in the lane next to me and tries to cut infront of me right before the ramp, I swerved to avoid him clipping me. I remember catching the curb and the next thing I remember is waking up with a big ass concrete column infront of me.

I was so glad everyone in the car was ok that I didn't even worry about the car too much. That is, until today when the insurance co called me and told me to get my stuff out of it before it went to the salvage yard. As I removed the last of my performance parts I remembered the hours and hours of work, blood, sweat, and $$$ I put into building up the car... it was kinda sad like loosing a friend.

I like to remember my IS like this:

Lots of Parts for Sale in Sale/ Trade!
http://www.is300.net/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=13365693

· Registered
1,692 Posts
I am so sorry to hear about this man. Things like this are just heartwrenching. I am glad to hear that you and your friends are alright though, but I sure will miss seein that car. Good luck in the future! BTW, any ideas yet of what you are gonna do car-wise? Oh, and I never heard back from the PM I sent you.

Ryan

· Registered
1,468 Posts
Dude fock your insurance company...I had more damage than that and they didn't call it a total loss. Those cheap bastards just don't wanna pay. If i were you i would apeal and get a independent claims adjuster... Unless they give you a new lex with all your mods...SOrry for you loss man

· Registered
1,505 Posts
LEXUSPOWERED said:
Dude fock your insurance company...I had more damage than that and they didn't call it a total loss. Those cheap bastards just don't wanna pay. If i were you i would apeal and get a independent claims adjuster... Unless they give you a new lex with all your mods...SOrry for you loss man
i would rather take the total loss, than have my car fixed after an accident like that...it just wont be the same anymore. and i wouldnt call the insurance cheap for totalling the car, cuz it actually costs them more.

i got in an accident with my last car (TL-S), and the front end damages were pretty much like those pics. and i was hoping the insurance would total the car...they estimated the damages to be in the range of 12-15K. in the end they totalled the car, and paid me $31K for it...which i then took and bought my IS :D

· Registered
5,511 Posts
definatly better to total :D my red is got totaled and they gave me almost 29,000 for it and my car was 28*** on the sticker :D plus it'll never be the same after it's fixed

8,852 Posts
It is a very good thing that noone was hurt.
The car being totaled is also good news. My previous IS was fixed twice and was never the same.

· Registered
2,381 Posts
:cry: wow man, very sorry for the loss of your beautiful car. i always loved the way the front end looked. but i'm very happy all of you guys walked away ok.

on a side note, good thing that 5mph crash bar was there right???? j/k

i hope it all works out for you, and sue that fucker that cut you off, let him mod your next beast!!!!!

· Registered
5,072 Posts
LEXUSPOWERED said:
no way would you want a car that damaged repaired. First off, it would be in the shop for 6 months. Second, you can never restore the car to original condition with that damage. Once a car has frame damage, you hope that it gets totalled out because it will never be the same.

· Registered
1,817 Posts
Glad everyone was ok... thats a shame about your car.... it looked REAL REAL nice... :cry:

be safe!

· Registered
1,817 Posts
im surprised the vultures aren't out already...

· Registered
1,857 Posts
Glad you and your friends are okay. And I'm glad you had insurance so it's not a total loss.

so this is your 2nd accident?
maybe it's time to look into a driving school?
maybe more practice?

I'm not trying to be a dick here, just saying that if this is a 2nd one, then why not take steps to prevent the third one?

· Registered
2,362 Posts
goldark said:
Glad you and your friends are okay. And I'm glad you had insurance so it's not a total loss.

so this is your 2nd accident?
maybe it's time to look into a driving school?
maybe more practice?

I'm not trying to be a dick here, just saying that if this is a 2nd one, then why not take steps to prevent the third one?

1 - 20 of 50 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.