Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2002 is300
393 Posts
I think the best thing is to start at the beginning. First the car wont start unless the key is programmed so if it starts with your key there is something else wrong with your security light. This might be related to your efi fuse. Once you get your security light and key sorted then work on getting the engine going.

·
Registered
2002 is300
393 Posts
Then your next step would be to keep it running. Id get a scan tool and see why it dies could be no oil pressure, these cars will die if there's no oil pressure I believe. It could also be a clogged fuel filter that restricts flow so it dies after a couple seconds. Get a scan tool and look at your data as it runs also make sure there are no codes stored.

·
Registered
2002 is300
393 Posts
Timing is not that adjustable. Unless you have an aftermarket exhaust cam gear. If you do not. The shop is giving you a line of BS. If the timing belt is off a tooth. You may have bent some valves. If they persist, I would go to a different shop.
It might be the timing was off so they retimed it and redid the compression check and still no compression in 4 and 5. IF this is so I'd suspect a bent valve or several. Do a leak down and see where it's leaking too.

·
Registered
2002 is300
393 Posts
Well yes that’s what he said that he adjusted the timing and still the same thing 🤔🤔 so what do you think I should do at this point to make sure.
would adjust using the timing possibly fix it?
As stated before the motor does have upgraded internals ,
I personally don't think the timing is your issue anymore. It could have been your initial issue but if it was timing it would equally affect all your cylinders. I'd do your own compression check and leak down and see what you find.

·
Registered
2002 is300
393 Posts
Well now that I analyzed everything it’s just the head area the valves got bent due to cranking it with the timing being out of wack . And since then it would’nt turn on.
Unless the pistons are damaged which is a full rebuild. Also people don't want to pay near full value when they can't drive the car which means anything could be wrong.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts