Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I just got my first car, a 2002 lexus is300, idk too much about cars btw, so I told my younger brother to jump start my IS cuz it was sitting for a good 2 weeks while I was gone out of country! idk what he did, he probably hooked them up the wrong way and the 120A alternate fuse blew, so I just replaced that and the power was back, I went to start it and it cranked but didn’t start
I haven’t checked anything properly yet but I’m planning on doing so tonight, and my car was running smooth before the fuse blew!
I was just looking for some things I should look for while trying to fix this!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Double check all fuses. There is also a fuse-able link that may have burnt. I do not remember where it is.
Yeah I pretty much checked all of the fuses in and on the car I would of thought it could of been the 7.5 amp ignition fuse but it wasn’t burned I still replaced it and it still didn’t want to start, I think it might be the ignitor or the ignition coil, cuz I’m getting all 4 spark plugs to spark !

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah I pretty much checked all of the fuses in and on the car I would of thought it could of been the 7.5 amp ignition fuse but it wasn’t burned I still replaced it and it still didn’t want to start, I think it might be the ignitor or the ignition coil, cuz I’m getting all 4 spark plugs to spark !
Update :
I wanted to see if my spark plugs were getting any spark! I started by undoing the throttl body and moved it to the side and the timing cover also (removed it) and as I started to remove the top plug thingy (don’t know the name of it) I saw that the plugs were drenched in oil, not 100% sure where it’s leaking from but I have a strong feeling The valve cover gaskets gone bad! I would need to get a new gasket and spark plugs cuz they were drenched in oil and they seem quite old, right???
Idk how it was starting before the fuse blew! It was starting a bit later than normal, like it would crank for a couple of seconds before catching, but now it only cranks and I also checked the security light it turned off when I put the key in to start it!
lemme know where else oil Could be leaking out!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts