Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
this never happened before until like a couple months ago and i have been tolerating :oops: the noises since. i hear a cracking noises from what seems to be the front suspension at the passenger side. i have a e-shift and i know the noise from the brakes when you shift to P-D, P-R, or D-R, and the cracking noise is not that. its not the because of the weather either, it happens all the time i make a turn (i am driving into a turn, if my car is parked or still and it turn my wheels to the right...silence, no cracking noise) toward the right and if i hit a small bump/ dip on the passenger side while i am in a turn (right), and hot weather or cold weather its all the same. its makes noise when its hot and when its cold, also it does this everytime i turn and not just the first time as common noises. ohh ya, its defently not comming from the dash. i already did a search to see if any other .net user shared the same problem with me. so far these are some of the solutions:

*tighten up the front suspension :bitching:
*tighten up the strut and sways bar :bitching:
*clean suspension bushing and relube :bitching:
*spiral cable is loose or incorrectly set :bitching:

"If it is then it is the spiral cable. The spiral cable is a wire that runs the airbag, e-shift and the horn. The spiral cable must be set perfectly, if it is off by 1mm then it will make a creaking noise. " >> RodGrp

i tried to tighten up everything as well as clean and relube it. if anybody has anyother suggestions to what might be the problem please let me know. if it is the spiral cable, can somebody tell me where it. i am trying fix everything before pple start to look at my car, ya its for sale!! thanks in advance!! :D

·
Registered
754 Posts
txis300 said:
this never happened before until like a couple months ago and i have been tolerating :oops: the noises since. i hear a cracking noises from what seems to be the front suspension at the passenger side. i have a e-shift and i know the noise from the brakes when you shift to P-D, P-R, or D-R, and the cracking noise is not that. its not the because of the weather either, it happens all the time i make a turn (i am driving into a turn, if my car is parked or still and it turn my wheels to the right...silence, no cracking noise) toward the right and if i hit a small bump/ dip on the passenger side while i am in a turn (right), and hot weather or cold weather its all the same. its makes noise when its hot and when its cold, also it does this everytime i turn and not just the first time as common noises. ohh ya, its defently not comming from the dash. i already did a search to see if any other .net user shared the same problem with me. so far these are some of the solutions:

*tighten up the front suspension :bitching:
*tighten up the strut and sways bar :bitching:
*clean suspension bushing and relube :bitching:
*spiral cable is loose or incorrectly set :bitching:

"If it is then it is the spiral cable. The spiral cable is a wire that runs the airbag, e-shift and the horn. The spiral cable must be set perfectly, if it is off by 1mm then it will make a creaking noise. " >> RodGrp

i tried to tighten up everything as well as clean and relube it. if anybody has anyother suggestions to what might be the problem please let me know. if it is the spiral cable, can somebody tell me where it. i am trying fix everything before pple start to look at my car, ya its for sale!! thanks in advance!! :D

I brought my car in yesterday for the same problem.. ON the work order sheet it said as usual with Lexus tech, could not duplicate problem. They said that they lubed front ends and its working properly.. What the hell is there to LUBE?
What a bunch of crock i still have the knocking noise..
Unfortuanatly i did not pick up my car someone did it for me other wise i would have left it again.
There was a topic about this before and alot of other owners are getting the same problem..

·
Premium Member
7,303 Posts
I heard something similar this morning. It alomost sounded like water had accumulated somewhere, and as I accelarated it was rattling and falling off. I did not paid any attention driving back from work, but I will look for it tomorrow

·
Registered
214 Posts
Hey guys I had a similar problem back in May for the 03' model. I was really clueless to where the sound came. It ended up being my brake pedal's screw rattling. If you hear that raddle, try to make it so that you make the brake pedal not move, no, it doesn't mean step on it. Lean on it with your foot sideways.

Anyways the dealer took out an unneccesary screw and the sound's gone.

Now, depending on the road, I get rattles from the Driver side door

·
Registered
565 Posts
My front right shock makes that terrible noise too. At first when i drive it after being parked for an hour or so it like is stuck and it cracks to go....than when i am going wheneveer i turn it sounds like it is going to give out any second. I take my car in thursday for the weekend for its 35k so i will let yall know what they say/do....

·
Premium Member
7,303 Posts
Well, the noise went away. I have not been able to reproduce it. Maybe it was water stuck somewhere.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts