Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey I live in the Pomona area, anyone know a good place for glass replacement since mine cracked? I am not looking for factory glass since they are quite over priced. The lowest price i got was $150 for glass made in China... and $205 for ones made in USA. Also is there anything i should be aware of?

·
Registered
4,968 Posts
Aznmojo said:
Hey I live in the Pomona area, anyone know a good place for glass replacement since mine cracked? I am not looking for factory glass since they are quite over priced. The lowest price i got was $150 for glass made in China... and $205 for ones made in USA. Also is there anything i should be aware of?
I need glass too since I have 2 cracks. Im interested to know if their glass has the black outline around it and especially the same design as ours, with the big area around the middle rear view. If they got that and the install is pretty decent then tell them you got another customer coming and maybe they will give you an even better deal.

·
Registered
4,510 Posts
yo if you guys are gonna get your windshield replaced.... i need it tooo... i return next week back to the states so try and get a deal for 3 people.... i follow the don!

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok i got my windshield replaced today. The two glass looks exactly the same with the black lining and little dots around the sides, impossible to tell the two apart. I got the China made one for $150, the guy told me that the American made one was actually just a rebadged piece of glass, so just get the China one. As for installation, my left panel puffed up a little bit after the install which pisses me off. So make sure to tell the guy that installs it to watch out for the panel, or take it off before he puts on the glass. Lucky i was able to wipe the caulk off the panel before the adhesives dried cuz its BLACK CAULK!! I am sure this is the cheapest place to get glass cuz they are like a warehouse, other places order glasses through them. And as for warranties, its guaranteed for life to not leak. And these are tempered glass.

·
Registered
4,968 Posts
Pomona eh? Did you get it done at a place near you? Give me the details. Id probably be way anal about the little things like the panel too. Id say, if you do a good job ill even pay you more than what you ask, just make sure you dont jack up my ride.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok the address is 800 Monterey Pass Rd, Monterey Park, CA 91754-3609.
I went there but then they didn't have it in stock, so they decided to come to my house to do it the day afterwards. You can probably ask them to just go over too. Price can be from 150 to 160 depending on where you live. Phone number is 18888641231.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts