Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
6,985 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,
I just cracked my engine cover while bolting it back on :( . It is in the top right hand cover, right where the bolt goes. Its not really noticeable but I notice it. Do most take it off anyway?? how much does a new one cost?? Also the vvt-i cover, can you take it on and off. Does it need a new gasket or what. Thanks alot guys! :)

·
Registered
20,030 Posts
Aubie83 said:
Hey guys,
I just cracked my engine cover while bolting it back on :( . It is in the top right hand cover, right where the bolt goes. Its not really noticeable but I notice it. Do most take it off anyway?? how much does a new one cost?? Also the vvt-i cover, can you take it on and off. Does it need a new gasket or what. Thanks alot guys! :)

I am so sorry to hear that Aubie83. :cry:

Yesterday, some a^%hole broke my rear window, stole my detector, my school bag, and left a penny on the dashboard!!! :pissed:

Cheer up bud! :lol:

·
Registered
28,808 Posts
Aubie83 said:
Hey guys,
Oh dude, you are so fucked. Your car isn't gonna work right now.

You know for the price of a new engine cover, you could buy your parents a new trailer.

·
Registered
6,985 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oh, yeah, I forgot about the carbon fiber one! Cool! Sorry to hear about that MYIS300, I am trying to cheer up :wink:

·
Registered
6,985 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
DJPoop said:
Aubie83 said:
Hey guys,

You know for the price of a new engine cover, you could buy your parents a new trailer.
Yeah, I could or buy you dildo to use on your lover :lol:

·
Registered
28,808 Posts
Aubie83 said:
DJPoop said:
Aubie83 said:
Hey guys,

Yeah, I could or buy you dildo to use on your lover :lol:
Already beat you to it. I surprised her one night with a pocket rocket. If you wanna make your girl go nuts, take my advice, and do the same sometime.

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Is there any place where I can get a custom engine cover fabricated?
I want to cover the entire engine bay similar to the LS430's bay.

:)

·
Registered
6,985 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ImpulseXvX said:
DJPoop said:

Or a real girlfriend.
Nobodys listens to you. Sad, sad little man you are :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
861 Posts
:lol:

ImpulseXvX said:
DJPoop said:

Or a real girlfriend.

·
Registered
6,985 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
RIS300 said:
personally i think the engine looks badass without the cover. i saw it that way for the first time when i installed my intake. i think i am gonna leave it off for good in the spring honestly.
Good point, I am gonna take it off 8)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
About this Discussion
16 Replies
10 Participants
parcelpimp
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing