Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
6,985 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,
I just cracked my engine cover while bolting it back on :( . It is in the top right hand cover, right where the bolt goes. Its not really noticeable but I notice it. Do most take it off anyway?? how much does a new one cost?? Also the vvt-i cover, can you take it on and off. Does it need a new gasket or what. Thanks alot guys! :)

·
Registered
20,030 Posts
Aubie83 said:
Hey guys,
I just cracked my engine cover while bolting it back on :( . It is in the top right hand cover, right where the bolt goes. Its not really noticeable but I notice it. Do most take it off anyway?? how much does a new one cost?? Also the vvt-i cover, can you take it on and off. Does it need a new gasket or what. Thanks alot guys! :)

I am so sorry to hear that Aubie83. :cry:

Yesterday, some a^%hole broke my rear window, stole my detector, my school bag, and left a penny on the dashboard!!! :pissed:

Cheer up bud! :lol:

·
Registered
28,808 Posts
Aubie83 said:
Hey guys,
Oh dude, you are so fucked. Your car isn't gonna work right now.

You know for the price of a new engine cover, you could buy your parents a new trailer.

·
Registered
6,985 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oh, yeah, I forgot about the carbon fiber one! Cool! Sorry to hear about that MYIS300, I am trying to cheer up :wink:

·
Registered
6,985 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
DJPoop said:
Aubie83 said:
Hey guys,

You know for the price of a new engine cover, you could buy your parents a new trailer.
Yeah, I could or buy you dildo to use on your lover :lol:

·
Registered
28,808 Posts
Aubie83 said:
DJPoop said:
Aubie83 said:
Hey guys,

Yeah, I could or buy you dildo to use on your lover :lol:
Already beat you to it. I surprised her one night with a pocket rocket. If you wanna make your girl go nuts, take my advice, and do the same sometime.

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Is there any place where I can get a custom engine cover fabricated?
I want to cover the entire engine bay similar to the LS430's bay.

:)

·
Registered
6,985 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ImpulseXvX said:
DJPoop said:

Or a real girlfriend.
Nobodys listens to you. Sad, sad little man you are :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
861 Posts
:lol:

ImpulseXvX said:
DJPoop said:

Or a real girlfriend.

·
Registered
6,985 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
RIS300 said:
personally i think the engine looks badass without the cover. i saw it that way for the first time when i installed my intake. i think i am gonna leave it off for good in the spring honestly.
Good point, I am gonna take it off 8)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts