Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys/gals,

I have a small crack in my carbon fiber hood. The carbon fiber itself is not damaged but the layer above is cracked. Does anyone know how to fix this? What can I use to fill and reinforce the hairline fracture area and how if possible could I restore the shiny finish.

TIA,

Kona

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
xjayx300 v2.5 said:
what type and brand of CF hood do you have?
I'll get back to you on that one. It looks great however adjustments need to be made for fitting.

I will post pics when I get a chance. I can get them for 400. PM me if anyone is interested.

Grade A carbon fiber.

It cracked because too much pressure was placed on it repeatedly when I first tried to install it. Once adjustments were made all was good. It did take a little work tho.

Kona

·
Registered
5,698 Posts
My top recommendation would be to pay to get it re-clearcoated. Usually you can find someone to do it for about a hundred dollars.

DONT USE NAILPOLISH. A lot of people have tried to just put some clear nailpolish on cracked carbon fiber hoods and it will look decent for about a week before it starts to crack and look ten times worse than before.

Good luck man
Dude..... look at the dates before you post lol. You bumped a 5 year-old thread :suspiciou

1 - 8 of 8 Posts