Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,662 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys, I was driving to Dallas the other day and hit a HUGE pothole. It bent and cracked the wheel bad. Well, I took it to Wheel Technologies in Texas (www.wheeltechnologies.com). They looked at it and told me they could repair it. Well, I paid $125 for the repair and shipping back to me. I got it yesterday and it looks like new!!! If any of you guys have a broken wheel, give them a try because they do very good work.

·
Registered
5,153 Posts
Is that safe? :eek:

You can break a wheel off the damn spokes and bend it to shit, and it can still safely be repaired?!

·
Registered
4,662 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It actually cracked and was bent real bad on the surface of the wheel. The spokes were still attached, but the wheel was a warped mess. It is perfect now though.

·
Registered
5,153 Posts
Wxman said:
It actually cracked and was bent real bad on the surface of the wheel. The spokes were still attached, but the wheel was a warped mess. It is perfect now though.
Hmm. I have 3 mildly bent rims. How much do you think it'd cost to get 'em fixed?

·
Registered
218 Posts
ÜberPhLuBB said:
Wxman said:
Hmm. I have 3 mildly bent rims. How much do you think it'd cost to get 'em fixed?
There is a chain rim repair business named Wheels America
http://www.wheels-america.com/locations.htm
I believe they charge a falt rate on all wheels deemed 'repairable'. So 3 wheels x $125 = $375.

I am only guessing that the WheelTechnology in Dallas has the same pricing system. Always call just to make sure.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts