Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
983 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What can be causing crank position sensor signal interference? I had the signal on an oscilloscope and its fine on idle but then breaks up when I try to accelerate. I have the stock signal tapped with a wire from the ecu to a conditioner on top of the ecu box.

·
Premium Member
3,844 Posts
What type of conditioner?

If your scope doesn't have an auto sync you may have trouble reading the signal if the rpm isn't relatively steady.

·
Registered
983 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have the Haltech RA8 Motronic. It does have auto sync.

·
Premium Member
3,844 Posts
Do you have another Reluctor Adaptor to try to make sure it's not that? or is the signal you're feeding it breaking up?

·
Registered
983 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Its the signal that I feed it that gets fuzzy. I just changed my signal wires with shielded ones. It gets just a little less noise, but still wont run right.

·
Premium Member
3,844 Posts
By your sig I'm guessin' the motor has been out of the car. Have you put all the gnd wires back(engine, batt, ecu, etc)? I've gotten funny readings before from crappy or lacking gnds before.

If that stuff is all good and you get a nice pretty waveform at lower rpm. I'd try another CPS to make sure that's ok, too.

·
Registered
983 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well.. after all the hours spent ... I finally solved the problem. The channel that the trigger signal was on had a bad gain controller. I switched channels and it works fine. I never would have thought it would be the RA8. Even with the oscilloscope it gave a nice wave... but it wasnt the right intensity.

....Thanks Yogi for your input.

·
Premium Member
3,844 Posts
Glad you got it. :approve:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts