Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
4,895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tried a search and couldn't really find what I'm looking for, and I also couldn't find anything on Ebay yet that might work. Having recently moved to a different state, I no longer need to legally use a front license plate. I decided to remove mine as well as the bracket and of course the two screw holes are left in my front bumper. I know a few companies made something for Subarus that was basically just a thin, relatively flat billet aluminum bar that you could screw into it that said "WRX" or "STi" or whatever. Is there anything like this for the IS? I'm sure some of you guys have been around the parts bins a lot longer than I have :bigSmile:

Thanks in advance! Also, if you have any suggestions to filling those holes other than having a body shop do it (the bumper was just repainted anyway and it's not worth enough to me to pay someone to do it) that would be awesome. The car is DWP so I thought maybe a tiny bit of drywall spackle covered with touch up paint might be much less noticeable. It's not a show car, it's my DD so I'm not worried about a perfect finish :p

·
Registered
905 Posts
um... there's plugs for them... i've seen them on some cars so it just depends if u want em. They make em to match the paint...

i havent taken off my lic for the same reason lol

good luck

·
Registered
4,895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ah yeah, I saw some "TRD" license plate screws on Ebay... basically screws that had TRD caps on the heads. Looked pretty cool but they were really pricey for what they were and would probably look weird just sticking there by themselves on the bumper :lol:

·
Registered
4,895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
4,895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Looks like it's about $34 shipped for just the bumper plugs and $48 shipped with the door plug. Woop, looks like it's a little more since you have to add sales tax in NC.

·
Premium Member
3,212 Posts
anything Porsche related is marked up 300%.
I got Arctic Silver Metallic plugs, same as MSM.

they have a look-up ref. chart for other colors.

·
Registered
4,895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Nice. I just noticed they're located not far from me in Charlotte... I thought their area code looked familiar! I've got an email in to them to see if they allow local pickups.

·
Registered
4,895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
Talked to Eric at Bumperplugs on the phone and he was really cool. They're not too far from where I live. He said it was fine for me to come pick them up, but he said he could save me the trip / gas and help me out on the shipping since I'm so close. Thought that was pretty cool! Should have them by Saturday, I'll let you know my impressions :)

·
Registered
905 Posts
Nice... post some results up or those who have em... Im debating on getting them lol ... not too sure

·
Registered
905 Posts
you'll see mine at CA2k8
Send me a pic.... so Im not the only loser with a plate in the front.... :lol: ... my mom's is350 also came with the front bracket plate... and im debating on taking that piece off! :bigSmile:

·
Registered
225 Posts
:Cry: someone actually screwed thier tag into my front bumber to put thier tag on.... so i have lil plastic nipples where the screw pulled the bumper out a lil from over tigtning it. :cry:

·
Registered
4,895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
:Cry: someone actually screwed thier tag into my front bumber to put thier tag on.... so i have lil plastic nipples where the screw pulled the bumper out a lil from over tigtning it. :cry:
That's ok! You're supposed to open up the holes a little bit anyway with a drill and pop the bumper plugs in. The radius of the top is pretty large so it should cover any damage that was previously done by a screw.

·
Registered
589 Posts
the plugs look ok, but i got mine fixed by a body shop here in PA, they did it for $100 it was the best $100 bucks iv spent so far on my car. they used a kit made by PPG just for fixing licence plate holes. he said it is easy to use and is cheap. so far no problems, its been 2 months.

·
Registered
905 Posts
personalized plate is less of loser. hha
:lol: IOU +Rep (cuz i have to spread it b4 i give it again :suspiciou ) .... plates are expensive :confused: and i think i wanna change them! :pissed: we'll see... ;) you gotta up load your pix so i can see some plugs! :) cant wait til march lol

1 - 20 of 36 Posts