Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I currently own a '98 Honda Prelude, but this coming spring I am looking to sell it and get a '01 IS300 (Ideally I would like an '02 so I could get a manual, but I am a college kid)
Anyway, a few questions:

-What are some common options that were available for an '01
-Do '01's come with an LSD, is it standard, option, or not available at all? How would I know if the car I am looking at has an LSD.
-Are there any typical problems I should be aware of with the '01s
-Did all the 01s come with the same power and handling (eg. there werent 2 different engines offered or suspension packages)
-Where can I see the different bodykits for an IS300, and what websites have a huge selection of IS parts?

·
11,054 Posts
Hawkeyes said:
Hi, I currently own a '98 Honda Prelude, but this coming spring I am looking to sell it and get a '01 IS300 (Ideally I would like an '02 so I could get a manual, but I am a college kid)
Anyway, a few questions:

-What are some common options that were available for an '01
-Do '01's come with an LSD, is it standard, option, or not available at all? How would I know if the car I am looking at has an LSD.
-Are there any typical problems I should be aware of with the '01s
-Did all the 01s come with the same power and handling (eg. there werent 2 different engines offered or suspension packages)
-Where can I see the different bodykits for an IS300, and what websites have a huge selection of IS parts?

LSD was an option. Have to check the code on the door frame to see if the vehicle has it. I believe a "B" has it. Do a search.
...CD player is touchy...but then they all are.
...underbody panel should have been replaced due to service notice that went out to owners.
...same engine and suspension in all of them
...I believe this web site has lots of other info you need...

Anyone else?

·
11,054 Posts
Hawkeyes said:
Thanks, one more question I thought of...

Do the '01's have HID? All of them, none of them, some of them?
All of them. Actually, I think the '01 has bluer ones than later models...

·
11,054 Posts
Options included moon roof, garage door opener, heated seats. Seats came in cloth or leather/escaine, 16" with all season tires or 17" wheels with summer tires. ...can't think of more... Nav was not available.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the help guys. I am looking for an '01 IS in either Blue, Black, or Grey. I want a moonroof, the 17" 5 spoke wheels, and an LSD. Do most of the '01s have this combo?

Also, about the LSD, when I look at listing, no one mentions whether or not they have it. What is the best way of finding out, will the VIN tell?

·
8,852 Posts
The best way is by the code on the door as stated above.
Very limited number of 2001 IS300 s were LSD equipped. More were allocated to the North-East area, where more snow is.

·
11,054 Posts
Hawkeyes said:
Also, about the LSD, when I look at listing, no one mentions whether or not they have it. What is the best way of finding out, will the VIN tell?
I've got it. It's not the VIN number but the specific code on the door frame. It's been discussed here before. I don't remember the code...forgot to look at my car this morning...but I believe the three letters "B0?" is LSD and an "A" is not.

·
11,054 Posts
Hawkeyes said:
Thanks for all the help guys. I hope to have a Blue '01 IS300 next spring when I sell my car. Anyone wanna buy my Prelude?? :lol:
The '01 Blue - Spectra Blue Mica (SBM) is the BEST! 8)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.