Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi, all!..
I just bought a 05 is300 couple months ago. it only has about 3k on it.. unfortunately, got into an small accident which bented my front reinforcement but the bumper isn't too badly damaged..
( i messed up a rear bumper of a brand new dodge magnum.. ^^, but my IS isn't too badly damaged).

since the accident, or since i got it out from the dealer, my steering wheel is off center,(alignment seems ok though) itz tilted to the left by 2-3 dgrees. when i drive straight on highwayz. I"m not so sure if the accident messed up my steering wheel or not.

does anyone experience off center steering wheel..?
i'm trying to figure out whether itz from the accident or not...

my second question is.. does the reinforcement need to be replaced for anyother reason other than safety reason?....

thanks in advance.....

·
Premium Member
6,292 Posts
Welcome aboard, enjoy surfing the site and don't let the mod bug bite hard. :)

Was your steering wheel off center before the accident? If it's not accident related then take it back to the dealer and have them correct it. If it's accident related then your insurance should handle this along with you bumper concern. Lastly, if you don't want to go thru your insurance then it's an out of pocket expense for you. Good luck.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for you input, gray rider!...
i just did an alignment today for 60 bux.... and itz better now....

1 - 3 of 3 Posts