Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed a little lag in acceleration at low speeds (5ish mph) when slowing for a corner and then re-accelerating a while back. It's 2 - 3 seconds at most, intermittent and more frequent when it's extremely cold or hot. It's so subtle I haven't been able to tell if it's hesitation or the transmission. Originally I put it off as age. She's an '01 with 172K now. However, I am leaning towards the transmission as I replaced the radiator early this winter. I checked the fluid quickly as I did it outside in a freezing rain. When it was real cold it started to hear a low volume whine. I have checked rechecked the levels again and it's a little on the high side. I was surprised as I expected a lower level due to the radiator swap. Could the hesitation be due to the fluid level or the wrong ATF? I remembered I was in a jamb a couple of times and had to used Jiffy Lube. I am assuming that one of them capped it off too high &/or used the wrong ATF. Either way, I intend to flush it but, wanted to get a consensus from the group. Thanks!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts