Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I just got off the phone with JRP about the Stoptech slotted stock replacement rotors for the 01 is300, they quoted me at $93.00 for the fronts, not sure if he mentioned each or both, I hope its each cause otherwise it would be quite cheap.

Anyone remember what they paid for their rotors?

Also Lexus quoted me $77.38 for a set of from OEM pads

I've read that the combo is quite good, hopefully they will last longer than my previous rotors did (warpage)

.. Just out of curiosity has anyone ever ordered rotors from Napa? what brands do they make? any good?

·
Registered
615 Posts
I just went with OE rotors a couple months ago and new OE pads. I think I'm getting a wobble already. Not sure yet...we'll see if it is still there when I put my summer rims on.

You should have good luck with the OE's unless you are going for a specific look.

Get a quote for Stoptech Stainless Steel Brake lines - that is a populur add on and gives you extra braking response.

If you want to make things pretty, I have a spare set of calipers I could sell/trade with you if you want to powder coat and put caliper decals on.

·
Premium Member
27,116 Posts
It's been said that the OEM brakes are really good. When I changed my pads... I put OEM's back in. There pads that will give you better bite... but they usually give you tons more break dust. They again... you could just get a matte black finished rim and you won't notice. :blush: Some of them are noisier too. So unless you have a specific reason for not going OEM... I'd stick with OEM.

As for prices... as typical... you're probably better off getting it from the States. Not only will it be cheaper... but you'll get them faster as well.

StopTech rotors have a good reputation... and I like their SS Brake Lines as well... really firmed up the brake pedal.

·
Premium Member
27,116 Posts
jol0012 said:
01 BO / Winter Mats / coffee cup on rear floor / crumbs everywhere / Iron Maiden Greatest Hits in CD player / Head Light washers not working / 7 rims / 2 baby seats in back / Painted Calipers!
I love your mod list... :lol: :p

·
Registered
7,622 Posts
Napa can get you the regular brembo rotors.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
cool thanks for the info boys, seems I made the right decision with the Stoptech and OEM pads.

they're saying 2-3 weeks delivery time though :( sucks, think if I call stoptech directly I can get them quicker?

·
Premium Member
27,116 Posts
See... the thing is that local stores will CLAIM that it will take 2-3 weeks... but that's probably not going to happen. After 2-3 weeks... you're going to keep hearing it's coming... it's coming... it's coming... it's at the border... it's coming... it will be here soon.

It's my experiences with Tires23 that pushed me over the edge. I felt like such a fool waiting on them. The guy told me just over two weeks... FOR SURE... :rolleyes: Approaching 2 months... I still haven't received my item. Every time I'd call him... he'd say it would be here "tomorrow". It got to the point that I went down to the store to demand a refund... and even as he was getting the refund he was still claiming it would "be here tomorrow...". I ordered directly from the States myself and got the item within a few business days. To be honest... all my recent purchases have arrived within a few business days... 2 weeks at the most.

So just order directly from the States. Make sure you talk to them tho about avoiding brokerage fees.

·
Registered
103 Posts
where is a good place (or vendor) to order Stoptech from the states then?
I believe Stoptech don't sell directly to customer? correct?

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
points well taken Crester.. FMJ IS, on stoptech's webpage there is a sales number I'm yet to call, not sure if you can directly buy from them, but I will find out, I have read on here another member buying BBK's directly from stoptech so they must.

maybe someone knows.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts