Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just like my title, Im curious as to how much a rcae ECU would cost. Im buying SophieSleeps SRT but it doesnt have race ECU. Also, really, how much of an increase in power will this give me if I have a SRT with ECU, HKS Dragger II, Exhaust Cam gear and race pipe.

·
Premium Member
1,875 Posts
srt doesnt sell the ecu seperately but maybe if u call them and tell them your situation they might sell you one or you could buy a used one.
i bought the race ecu on ebay for $100

the gains w/ the mods that you said would be probably 20 - 30rwhp

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
SRT/ECU you'll get about 16-17 WHP. Drager II you might get 7-9 WHP. Race Pipe... I think alone with the stock exhaust, the XERD pipe got like 6 or 7 WHP when .NET review dyno'ed it. Exhaust Cam gear.... no idea.

But you're also spending, new, minimum of $1500. You'll pull in 30whp, maybe 35 (?)....

I'm not the veteran expert on these things, this is just my thought. It'll sound nice though :D :D

Ohh yeah, the R-ECU vs. regular ECU that comes with GenI SRT.... I think De told me it was like +2 more hp because they leaned out the curve a little for the GenII.

·
Registered
825 Posts
davefisher said:
SRT/ECU you'll get about 16-17 WHP. Drager II you might get 7-9 WHP. Race Pipe... I think alone with the stock exhaust, the XERD pipe got like 6 or 7 WHP when .NET review dyno'ed it. Exhaust Cam gear.... no idea.

But you're also spending, new, minimum of $1500. You'll pull in 30whp, maybe 35 (?)....

I'm not the veteran expert on these things, this is just my thought. It'll sound nice though :D :D

Ohh yeah, the R-ECU vs. regular ECU that comes with GenI SRT.... I think De told me it was like +2 more hp because they leaned out the curve a little for the GenII.
i dont think your #'s are correct
maybe the exhaust ones but not the intake ones, much lower

try like 8-10, if that

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
?

Well I already have the HKS exhaust, I bought SophieSleeps SRT, Im buying another members Xerd Pipe, and I still am looking for an exhaust cam gear.

I put it all on then have it dyno'd. Although I wont get the real effect do to my fucked up tranny. Im gonna goto Lexus and see what they can do before I install any of this stuff.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.