Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As we talked about in an earlier post, my black onyx has so many chips, that it looks like its been shot gunned. So I will be seeking out some protection. About how much should I expect to pay to have the hood re-painted with some real paint?

Thanks

·
Banned
3,243 Posts
yea thats a good question, I would like to know too.

·
Registered
4,104 Posts
depends on where you live, but its usually between 300-500
id agree with red, maybe 350 cash. i would say a bit higher if they use better paint...german crap ect....

·
Registered
207 Posts
idk where you live but i just had my whole front nose sanded painted and it cost me about 500 my hood had some rust on it they fixed too and they had to blend the front fenders in with the hood too. it came out amazing

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Had the hood repainted for 300 and it looks great, haven't had one problem with the paint.

·
Registered
8,219 Posts
it should be about 250-350 to paint your hood with colorsand to finish it off.

Paint brand makes a difference, but once you are in the high end paints, the prices dont differ to much.. BASF, Dupont, PPG, etc...

·
Registered
140 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
it should be about 250-350 to paint your hood with colorsand to finish it off.

Paint brand makes a difference, but once you are in the high end paints, the prices dont differ to much.. BASF, Dupont, PPG, etc...
Thanks for the info. That's the same price they've given me. They did a good job on my rear bumper when a car ran into it. How long did they make you wait before you get your car back?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts