Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
649 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, i've been looking for awhile into getting a lip for my IS. I'm not quite sure on which one to get but ive been lookin at the amuse replicas, type-r, vis techno-r type 2, and any other that look similar. Thing is the type-r lips seem cheaper but are harder to install unless you mold them to the bumper. how much would the molding and everything cost?

·
Registered
703 Posts
1st:

Where do you live?

Why am I asking this? Because road conditions etc.. can play a huge part in the reason you would want to mold a lip or anything

But it is going to run about 3-500 dollar (est)

Not cheap but that should cover molding, prep, and fit because you are getting a knock off lip

·
Registered
649 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
im in the midwest, cedar rapids, ia. roads arent too bad here except for the shitty ice roads we got now. But when that all melts, we'll have some decent roads maybe a hole here or there. but otheriwse its alright.

·
Registered
703 Posts
im in the midwest, cedar rapids, ia. roads arent too bad here except for the shitty ice roads we got now. But when that all melts, we'll have some decent roads maybe a hole here or there. but otheriwse its alright.
okay my price is still a decent estimate

·
Registered
52 Posts
i just ordered the greddy gracer front lip today. im in the midwest too desmoines. should be here in a week or so. i also ordered sportlines. hope its not too low. ill look into the molding around here for ya man

·
Registered
649 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i just ordered the greddy gracer front lip today. im in the midwest too desmoines. should be here in a week or so. i also ordered sportlines. hope its not too low. ill look into the molding around here for ya man
nice, i wouldnt mind driving to dtown to get it molded if i needed too. how much did you get the lip for?

·
Registered
52 Posts
370 shiped.also got some eibach sportlines.next im looking for a nice staggerd offset 17'' rim. im doing research on e shift turbo. so the lexy stays stock. or i just go for looks and sell it so i can git a is350.i realy like the new is's but also i love the is300 too.

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
I would be real careful molding the front lip. It's probably the most fragile thing on the front end and is prone to getting damaged. If you end up getting it molded, make sure that they don't just bondo the gaps. They need to reinforce it somehow (fiberglassing would be ideal). Good luck with it.

·
Registered
703 Posts
I would be real careful molding the front lip. It's probably the most fragile thing on the front end and is prone to getting damaged. If you end up getting it molded, make sure that they don't just bondo the gaps. They need to reinforce it somehow (fiberglassing would be ideal). Good luck with it.
There is "poly-eurathane" that you can get that will flex a little better for that

1 - 11 of 11 Posts