Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i know i'd probably have to get them shipped to California, but how much would it generally cost to get this done?

·
Registered
23,901 Posts
Originally posted by jigga622:
i know i'd probably have to get them shipped to California, but how much would it generally cost to get this done?
It will cost you the classy look of your IS. Chrome makes cars look "rigged". Just my opinion.

------------------
2001 SBM/Black IS300 w/Navigation
2001 BMW Z3 3.0i Titanium Silver w/Black
1999 Ducati SS 750(worked)
1982 Captain America Big Wheel

·
Registered
511 Posts
They guys have no idea about chrome rims. I got the factory chromerims and the car looks HOT! Who wants a lexus to look like a race car? remember it's a lexus? duh? You better off buying the chrome ones from the dealer cause they just chrome the face of the rim instead of dipping the entire rim. The chrome cost me an extra $1100 when i bought the car. These guys and their racing rims probably will never race anyone in their lifetime so who cares if it's a 15lb rim or an 11lb Big deal.. All in all, chrome is HOT! Go For It. it looks great on SBM.

·
Registered
281 Posts
chrome is nasty and played out..
it makes ur ride look all cheap and ghetto..
go with alloy rims..
they're alot lighter, and look ALOT better...
my opinion..

late

·
Registered
511 Posts
ghetto is a relative term here. many chrome rims are ghetto looking but not the one that come on the IS. Lot's of people have reallyb bad taste and lots of wheel company make brgain basement chrome rims that are inexpensive but reall nasty looking. So for you to say that chrome rims are nasty and ghetto shows that you are generalizing. I particularly dont like racing rims but some of them are pretty hot. That dont mean I like chrome either, it's just figuring out what actually looks good and matches the IS. Look at TurboIS's car for examples and there is also an Auburn IS lowered on 19in Chrome (I forgot whose)... they just look hot!

·
Registered
60 Posts
Naw, like i said to each there own. Some Chromes look good. I honestly don't like the silver racing rims and such. Newsflash the IS300 is no where near a race car, its a great car but honestly slow as hell =). So anyone worrying about shaving wieght and what not to run a 15 1/4 mile is kind of waste until you get the supercharger or turbo.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
About this Discussion
7 Replies
5 Participants
jigga622
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing