Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
as you all know, the is300 is a great car, and me being the proud owner of an 04 i want to get more out of it, it seems to me the 2jz is almost like a diesel engine "useless without a turbo", dont get me wrong, its a great car but the engine has much to be desired when its stock if your a speed/low end power freak as myself, i've researched hours and watched many videos and it looks like these engines when adding a turbo go from bleh to BOOM! like low end power is 10x what it is stock, im looking for a way to get the most out of this engine without doing a 6,000 dollar turbo overhaul, is there any other options for this besides breaking down and getting a turbo?? increasing low end power is my main thing, the whole throw back in the seat feel, please post your opinions

·
Registered
116 Posts
as you all know, the is300 is a great car, and me being the proud owner of an 04 i want to get more out of it, it seems to me the 2jz is almost like a diesel engine "useless without a turbo", dont get me wrong, its a great car but the engine has much to be desired when its stock if your a speed/low end power freak as myself, i've researched hours and watched many videos and it looks like these engines when adding a turbo go from bleh to BOOM! like low end power is 10x what it is stock, im looking for a way to get the most out of this engine without doing a 6,000 dollar turbo overhaul, is there any other options for this besides breaking down and getting a turbo?? increasing low end power is my main thing, the whole throw back in the seat feel, please post your opinions
If you really want power.. you will need to go boost.. and it'll probably cost you around $10,000 for a safe and reliable setup.

I don't think you'll be feeling the "throw back to the seat" feel with n/a mods..

·
Premium Member
2,203 Posts
no matter what you do, you won't get that feeling w/o going boost. if you stay n/a and try to accomplish that feeling, you will end up spending more than what it takes to turbo the car.

the ONLY way to get that feeling w/o spending thousands, is to use Nitrous.

·
Apricot idea killer
17,994 Posts
Boost might be the way to go, but I think we should really address if a turbo or a s/c is better.

·
Registered
202 Posts
The only way to get the turbo power and feel without getting a turbo is getting a turbo.
right...ok

no matter what you do, you won't get that feeling w/o going boost. if you stay n/a and try to accomplish that feeling, you will end up spending more than what it takes to turbo the car.

the ONLY way to get that feeling w/o spending thousands, is to use Nitrous.
wouldnt i have to upgrade engine parts for that tho? and if i dont the life of the engine will go to hell ??? like im talking a complete rebuild with new pistons and such, just like if you were to get a turbo, and why not just get a turbo if i have to do all that ya know?

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
If n/a is what u want and low end is what u seek throw in a short ram intake, short runner headers, and tune the car to run 75shot of nitrous. Thats ur only choice, you could look into used turbo kits some are very well built and the price isnt as expensive but it will add up to at least 6gs.

·
Registered
910 Posts
"cost efficiant ways to get more out of the is300"

That is your question. Now here is our answer:

Leave it alone. Your IS300 will last a long time and will cost you less in the long run if you leave the motor alone. Best advice!

·
Premium Member
2,203 Posts
if you are worried about the longevity of your motor, DO NOT MOD IT!

if you want power, there will always be a risk. you can run nitrous safely, it can be as safe and reliable as boost if not more, when properly set up.

·
Registered
502 Posts
Call me at 703-499-88995 for details on this kit - It's the all new Rotable Nitrous Rocket Boost kit from my company, Narcissistic Personality LTD. My father's friend was just released from prison a few weeks ago and we've been spending every hour of every day finishing up the first six kits to go out. Let me know. We're going to sell them at a discounted $5999 + shipping ($9789.99) to the first few buyers so get on this as quick as possible.

With this kit, you'll be making hott mamas like this....

....wet. And best of all, there is no need for engine modification. While the test car was destroyed after its transmission tore lose and slid into the neighbor's six wheeled motorcycle, We at NPL are confident that your motor's performance will not only last, but benefit, from the RNRB system.

This is a picture of the test IS300 AFTER the RNRB install but BEFORE the testing accident. See for yourself - This system ads as much to the look of your IS as it does to the performance.

wow I'm a dick.

In all seriousness though, dude - You need to go boost. Either boost your ride or buy another one. Nitrous has its pros but I'm telling you - it doesn't hold a candle to a boosted 2jz. Plan on $10k to $15k for a nicely boosted ride pushing 500+ to the wheels.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.