Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My roommate has a 2001 Toyota Corolla, and he wants to install a new deck in there. I find this forum to be pretty helpful with stuff like that. Does anyone know of a similar Corolla forum. I realize that the Corolla is not exactly a car to have a forum for
, but maybe there is one..any help would be appreciated.

Also, on a side note...has anyone installed another deck in their IS -- just wondering? I really wanna get the AIWA CDC-MP3, but at the same time I don't want to replace the factory deck which I really like...DAMN!

·
8,880 Posts
Originally posted by greyIS:
My roommate has a 2001 Toyota Corolla, and he wants to install a new deck in there.
Installing a tape deck into a Corolla is really easy. Just buy a harness that will match factory one and match the wires coming out of tape deck w/ the harness'. You can buy one in Best Buy's installation department.
I'm a former owner of a '97 Corolla. Had the tape deck replaced the first day I got the car. Added a CD changer later on (direct plug-in into tape deck). Now my tape deck and CD Changer from my Corolla are just laying around collecting dust.

Replacing factory IS300 stereo is not easy, but possible. We have a few members that done it already. You'll need a custom face plate to fill the extra space.
Run a search, you'll find a number of threads.

·
8,880 Posts
Originally posted by greyIS:
So you can just add the CD deck in the extra compartment below the tape deck? Cool.
I had a CD changer installed in the trunk. '97 Corolla had single DIN on top of the dash board used by tape deck and a double DIN in the front of the console used as a place holder.
I'm not sure if you'll be able to integrate single DIN CD player and Tape deck (of course, with a little will anything is possible
). Most of them are designed to be stand-alone units. Just do the same thing I did: get a tape deck w/ the ability to control a CD changer, and install one in the trunk.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts