Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anybody ever put there is300 on corner scales.well i just got done with mine and man the car is kinda heavy. my car came out 3474lb. as an over all. thats with the spare out and the tool tray also with a driver and my brain bucket 1/4 tank of fuel.
with the windows all down sunroof all the way back and passenger seat all they way back and down. i was able with a someone that nows what they are doing to get a 50/50 cross balance. and a 55/45 front to rear.
just wanted to share. i hope it works i have a race on sunday :bigSmile:

·
Registered
532 Posts
wow what did you do to get your is down to 3400lbs stock there 4300

·
Registered
698 Posts
wow what did you do to get your is down to 3400lbs stock there 4300
Are you sure the IS weighs 4300 lbs?...3400 lbs sounds more like it...

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
im balanced :) and love it. good luck sunday!
w/ spare, cloth manual seats, no trunk interior, around 3/8's fuel in the tank and regamaster wheels. (in lbs)

FL 902 FR 878
RL 758 RR 756
total: 3294

f/r 54.0%/46.0%
right/left 49.6%/49.4%
cross 49.7% (most important!)

·
Registered
532 Posts
now im all confused... looking at my car says gvw 4300 and then looking on the internet most sites say 3200 - 3400 curb weight...

could it be that my car weighs more cause its fully loaded with nav and alll thoues goodies? but there is no way it would make a 900lb diff :confused: :confused:

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
now im all confused... looking at my car says gvw 4300 and then looking on the internet most sites say 3200 - 3400 curb weight...

could it be that my car weighs more cause its fully loaded with nav and alll thoues goodies? but there is no way it would make a 900lb diff :confused: :confused:
GVW means "the weight of a vehicle plus the [max] weight the vehicle is designed to carry" vs Curb weight which is the weight of JUST the car w/ all fluids needed. ie, coolant, fuel and oils.

our corner balanced weight, correct me if i am wrong, is curb weight w/ us in the driver seat. right?

if that is the case, our weights are different by 180 lbs, which might be attributed to me having light weight 17" wheels, 5MT, no trunk lining, no power seats and/or me weighing 180lbs. :)

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
well i got 20 pound more than you in the seat i am about 200lbs or so and you i have the stock leather seats and stock 5 spoke wheels. so that well do it. and yes that is the curb lb.
well tommorow is the day we find out if the corn balance helps oh yeah i got a 4pt harnest too i hope that keeps me in the seat better

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
well i got 20 pound more than you in the seat i am about 200lbs or so and you i have the stock leather seats and stock 5 spoke wheels. so that well do it. and yes that is the curb lb.
well tommorow is the day we find out if the corn balance helps oh yeah i got a 4pt harnest too i hope that keeps me in the seat better
are your harnesses schroth by any chance? i just twist the buckle a few times before i click it in :p good luck :approve: :approve: :approve:

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
^^^after corner balance on the coupe, it handles so much better. so predictable and controllable in the turns that i can kick it out at a whim. cant beat that 50.4 / 49.6 weight dist of the 86. BTW J, I like your sig. :p

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
i did better than i ever did the only things holding me back is a lack of LSD and too small of a tire(225/45/17 on stock 5 spoke wheels victor racers V700)
next race i'll be on 245/45/17 V700 and looking for a lsd

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
i did better than i ever did the only things holding me back is a lack of LSD and too small of a tire(225/45/17 on stock 5 spoke wheels victor racers V700)
next race i'll be on 245/45/17 V700 and looking for a lsd
tall tires... no need to go into 3rd :p thats half the reason why i got coilovers, corner balanced makes it all worth it.

yo francis, who did your 86? mines strictly daily driven :(

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
Saucy > Alex P did the alignment/corner balance on the hachi. when are you goin to have a day off brotha? how is that rebuild goin?

·
Registered
6,782 Posts
I do not have my corner balance specs on hand, can't remember what they came out to, but I won't go without one anymore, its the way to go. With the Sparco Bucket seats I'm hoping there is an improvement the next time I go, but I think the cage un-did any gain and then some, but I'm loving the rigitiy its giving.

Had mine done by Darin at WestEnd Alignment.
I'm liking those Victor Racers myself (245f/275r)!

·
Nygmatic
2,683 Posts
Also had mine done by Darin at West End Alignment. the feeling on the first day of driving cornerbalanced will make you a true convert. my first day driving was beautiful, of course as i got used to the feeling the "newness" went away. but its definitely a worthwhile investment to do even if you don't track your car. do it once, set it and forget it. sure specs will change as your car changes over time, but unless you track regularly, once is enough.

i need to make my car stiffer though. B, sell me your cage already!!!! 375RWHP into a floppy chassis sucks! =)

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
Sailor > I knew you would like those V700s, those things never let me down.

Pat> 375 rwhp huh? I likey the sound of that :p

·
Nygmatic
2,683 Posts
Sailor > I knew you would like those V700s, those things never let me down.

Pat> 375 rwhp huh? I likey the sound of that :p
yup 375rwhp is the goal... we'll see how it goes =) i definitely have the supporting mods to get to 400, i just need to see how hard the tuning is to get a clean 400 out of it.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts