Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have my ampd in a dut style amp rack out back. but today, after having the system on for like 15 minutes, i pput my hand on the plexiglass and it was warm. the plexi is 3/4 inch thick for me to mount N2O bottles and it usually has to get really hot for plexi tht thick to get as warm as it did. how should i cool the amps(what fans to use, how to wire, ie. i will try to find the thread for the pics if you guys dont remember what duts setup looks like

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
you can use a relay with power coming directly from the same source (wire) as your battery connection for the amp and the coil (switching source for relay) from the remote turn on wire for the amps. Don't use the remote turn on directly as the fans will draw too much current for the remote circuit.

·
Registered
5,279 Posts
- I have two stinger fans under my "amp rack":

- I cut out the bottom of my "amp rack" and lifted the amps (maybe a CM? with small spacers)
- It doesnt seem to get hot at all... I also re-cut a thinner piece of plexi-glass so there would be a bigger gap between the glass and amp:

·
Registered
38,938 Posts
any more details on this matter would be great. I'm having heat issues during the summer too :whine: what kind of fans work the best? which wires do we tap from? Thanks

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
pinktri said:
any more details on this matter would be great. I'm having heat issues during the summer too :whine: what kind of fans work the best? which wires do we tap from? Thanks
see my post above for wiring it in. As far as fans you can also go the cheap route and use computer fans, they are 12v dc.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts