Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone! I recently bought an 05 is300 (the first-gen with a 2jzge motor) and I'm trying to find out the name of this particular hose that has ripped so that I can replace it. but when I look up coolant hose kits, all I keep finding are heater hoses and radiator hoses. When the car overheats, a lot of steam comes from the same general area as the power steering pump, and when I've tried to see where the steam is coming from, there's a hose that runs right behind the power steering pump with a hole right where the tube bends. I've tried everything to figure out the name of this hose but I can't figure out what its called and where to find it online.

I've also thought that maybe its the gasket of that water inlet causing the issue but there's a very clear rip in the hose like I was saying and when I've filled the coolant I can see water dripping down that same tube with the rip in it.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
18 Posts
This may not be super helpful if you have already found the hose but you mentioned smoke coming from the open hose on the pump.

I ran into a leaking issue from that open hose on the pump (drain hose). I read that it's meant to allow coolant to leak out of the car rather than into your engine when your pump is failing.

This may not be the case for you but if there is coolant coming from that hose it may be time to replace the pump as well, which is not fun, but can be done in a day even if your like me (not a mechanic but like to tinker).

This will require removing the timing belt (that was the scary part) but after some forum reading and youtube videos I managed to swap it at a friends house in half a day with only a handful of tools. You will need a breaker bar, maybe 2. I used the starter kick trick to loosen the harmonic balance pulley and removed it with a tool rental from orieleys (free w/ deposit).

Pulled a couple pics from AllData for the 03 IS300, may or may not help.

Text Font Line art Auto part Diagram Text Font Line Text Font Line Black-and-white Line art Text Line Font Black-and-white

*I just re-read your post and realized your not talking about the drain hose, still I'll leave this post in case anyone else has a similar issue.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts