Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well..... hood shock. i just put one on and debating on if i should do one on the other side. it took me two hours to find a shock that would work and fabricate some brackets for it. check it out :D :D
its kinda hard to see in pics

·
Premium Member
8,994 Posts
something we'd been looking for awhile.....and it's been done......by a newb! :eek:

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
:eek:
nice!
i thought u should do both sides
you would be the first...(maybe) :D

definitely post more pics and details!

·
Registered
612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
thanx guys, it really wasnt that hard to figure out. it did take a few times and a few extra holes on the under side of my hood but it kool!! ill try to get some more pics and make some more bracket to distribute. thanx again :D :D

·
1,741 Posts
phamous101 said:
thanx guys, it really wasnt that hard to figure out. it did take a few times and a few extra holes on the under side of my hood but it kool!! ill try to get some more pics and make some more bracket to distribute. thanx again :D :D
All that and you only have 5 dots here is 100 and check your PM good going

·
Vendor
4,610 Posts
Phamous, I just got the details down for a kit that uses the stock hood hardware locations and a few studs on the wheel wells. My concern with your design is that the mounting location on the hood will not last under the stress. How is it holding up? just wondering

I have been wanting this for a long ass time.

Fig

·
Registered
612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Fig said:
Phamous, I just got the details down for a kit that uses the stock hood hardware locations and a few studs on the wheel wells. My concern with your design is that the mounting location on the hood will not last under the stress. How is it holding up? just wondering

Fig
i made an aluminum plate about 1x2 inches and its about 1/4" thick. i was concerned about that at first too cuz the hood is very thin right there. but with the plate on there it has no flex and looks like it will last awhile :D

·
Vendor
4,610 Posts
phamous101 said:
Fig said:

Fig
i made an aluminum plate about 1x2 inches and its about 1/4" thick. i was concerned about that at first too cuz the hood is very thin right there. but with the plate on there it has no flex and looks like it will last awhile :D
Nice! good work. I'll post some pics of my deal later today.

Fig

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.