Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My perfect car to purchase is an IS hardtop convertible. Would love the 350, but a 250 would be fine to still be in my price range. I hear so many things, but don't know what to believe. So what exactly do we know?

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Nothing at all... People think/hope/wish/dream Lexus will make an IS coupe and an IS cab but who knows if itll happen.

This is what im getting until second year production of the New IS

·
Premium Member
16,623 Posts
adman0468 said:
My perfect car to purchase is an IS hardtop convertible. Would love the 350, but a 250 would be fine to still be in my price range. I hear so many things, but don't know what to believe. So what exactly do we know?
Officially, we don't know anything.

Current rumor has an IS hardtop convertible debuting 18 months after the sedan. If we calculate this from the IS250/350's Geneva and New York Auto Show debuts, that would mean Fall 2006. The major auto shows then are in Paris and Los Angeles.

Remember, though, that this is RUMOR and an EDUCATED GUESS, NOT officially confirmed fact.

·
11,061 Posts
IS350 convertible hardtop... :loveit:

·
Premium Member
27,116 Posts
I don't think this is a rumour. Lexus IS building a coupe and convertible for the IS lineup. If the convertible is a hard or soft-top... I have no clue though. I haven't heard any details on the subject.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So J.El, what details do you know about the A4 redesign? I know it isn't happening for this fall, the 2006s are coming out with the same old look. Is this new one going to be a softtop still? I could live with that in an Audi. And I have driven an A4 2.0T sedan w/CVT. It was very responsive and plenty of power for me (200 hp, 207 lb ft)

·
Registered
2,467 Posts
according to the calendar release... Fall '06 will debut the '07 Coupe Convertible and i believe it will be soft top only.

·
Premium Member
16,623 Posts
adman0468 said:
So J.El, what details do you know about the A4 redesign?
The "A4 redesign" in those pictures is merely the current Audi A4 softtop convertible with the new humongous square Audi grille and, presumably, the new engines already applied to the other Audi A4 models. It will officially debut next week at the Frankfurt Auto Show. We should be seeing it in the U.S. early next year.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts