Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was heading towards tysons corner on my way home frm work goign at about 60 on the Beltway ( 495 )

when I see this black CL pull next to me~ I can hear that he had exhaust but I didn't care~

we both gunned it~ ~ when we hit around 100 or so~ there was a broad curve~

thankfully my IS sticks to the road like theres no tomorrow ..
couldn't say the same about the CL ~ it basically sidewalled the guardrail~

I guess going that fast.. it couldn't even handle the broad turn~

TORQUE STEER PWNS YOU~ i guess~

·
Registered
12,157 Posts
as long as he or anyone else wasn't hurt, i'd laugh to

if he had endangered (beyond the normal boundaries of street racing) me, and instigated anger enough to a point of violence, i would have reversed back, pissed on his bleeding face, took pics, and then drove off on my merry way

·
Registered
2,493 Posts
it got nothin to do with racing, but i find it quite amusing...

last night i went with my girlfriend for some dinner, when on our way home, i saw a silver cl-s. due to all the debate that occurs in the forum in the past few days, i couldnt help but wanting to race that car. but we couldnt do it, cos there were too many traffic, and on one intersection, we part in the different direction.

before we separe into our own ways, we were stucked in one stoplight, it was when i ask my girlfriend on her opinion about the car. she says she like it, it looks unique and very sleek. then she asked me "how much does the car cost" and i told her that the car was expensive, the cost is almost identical to my car, or even more. then she was like, "huh, same price with your car?" and i say yeah, doesnt the car looks like that? she was like lookin back at the car again, and she says this to my amusement *mine u my gf know nothing about cars, she just love sc430, but tats about it* "the car very much reminded me of the new accord coupe that we saw yesterday, but it somehow look cheaper" paused... .watching the car more closely...."but i think i rather drive the accord though, cos if the car cost as much as ur car, its kinda waste of money right?"

i was like...
LOL :eek:

but i guess each opinion differ, its just kinda funny to hear such from someone close to u :)

·
Registered
7,142 Posts
IS300GTE said:
as long as he or anyone else wasn't hurt, i'd laugh to

if he had endangered (beyond the normal boundaries of street racing) me, and instigated anger enough to a point of violence, i would have reversed back, pissed on his bleeding face, took pics, and then drove off on my merry way
[email protected] bro..im never cutting you off :lol:

·
Registered
204 Posts
I agree with you guys somewhat. The NSX and the RSX are the most dramatic looking Acuras out there. The styling is about as subjective as let's say your IS300 which while it may attract one crowd it detracts another just like the CLS.

·
Registered
12,157 Posts
the rsx looks to me as if they stole some styling cues from the celica, and it never turns my head accept when i am watching them go by and then behind me

the NSX is a head turner, i'd be insulted if i were a NSX owner and you were comparing the two and i read such

comptechcls said:
I agree with you guys somewhat. The NSX and the RSX are the most dramatic looking Acuras out there. The styling is about as subjective as let's say your IS300 which while it may attract one crowd it detracts another just like the CLS.

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
lol

for 70k+ for the NSX it better look good~

and it does~ one of the hottest cars out IMO

and it's RWD~ :D

power + rwd = Pwns you~!

·
Registered
204 Posts
IS300GTE said:
the rsx looks to me as if they stole some styling cues from the celica, and it never turns my head accept when i am watching them go by and then behind me

the NSX is a head turner, i'd be insulted if i were a NSX owner and you were comparing the two and i read such

comptechcls said:
you know what? I posted something as NON confrontational as I could and you just had to pull something out to piss me off. If you read my post I simply stated that those two cars are the most dramatic, that is aggressively styled in comparison to the RL, CL, TL. I'd be insulted if I owned a Ferrari and some closed minded fucktard was saying an IS300 was better. :shame:

·
Registered
204 Posts
isekii said:
lol

for 70k+ for the NSX it better look good~

and it does~ one of the hottest cars out IMO

and it's RWD~ :D

power + rwd = Pwns you~!
I agree. If I was buying a true sports car like a Z06, Porsche, or NSX I would expect RWD. I need something to get me to and from work and I live in an area that gets all four seasons so I prefer the FWD.

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
comptechcls said:
IS300GTE said:

comptechcls said:
you know what? I posted something as NON confrontational as I could and you just had to pull something out to piss me off. If you read my post I simply stated that those two cars are the most dramatic, that is aggressively styled in comparison to the RL, CL, TL. I'd be insulted if I owned a Ferrari and some closed minded fucktard was saying an IS300 was better. :shame:
this thread wasn't created for you to come back with petty little comments

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
the only hondas that get props from me

are the NSX, Prelude SH, and the S2000

that'll be all

oops forgot the RL for luxury wise~ very nice and affordable~

·
Registered
204 Posts
isekii said:
the only hondas that get props from me

are the NSX, Prelude SH, and the S2000

that'll be all
The only toyotas that get props from me are the supras. That's a car meant to be mean and fast and has two doors. I always wanted a Supra and hope to one day own a tuned one.

·
Registered
12,157 Posts
how was my post confrontational? it wasn't, but don't worry, this one will be the opposite

just because you made the foolish mistake of pissing in the wind (piss #1 was buying a honda, piss#2 was trying to make it fast, piss#3 was that its fwd, and thats when it all came blowing back in your face all over you)

you can try and discredit my car all you want, but in reality, you know you want it and that you envy it. it has the functionality of a luxury sedan and the performance of a highly modded supra, only it weighs less. aside from that, its looks are considered superior by everyone that doesn't own a CL or TL, including non owners of either and people that do own both vehicles. that landslide of an opinion almost makes it fact, or as factual as a subjective thought can be.

just to add a visual aid to my arguement

http://www.womanmotorist.com/p/acura/acura-cl-2k-frnt.jpg

its not even close, just like if us 2 were to race, i'd crush you and it wouldn't even be close.

as for the ferrari comment, i proved my case correct, no one could counter, not even 1 point, looks like that comment is still reaping positive benefits :D

-gte

comptechcls said:
IS300GTE said:

comptechcls said:

·
Registered
13 Posts
isekii said:
I was heading towards tysons corner on my way home frm work goign at about 60 on the Beltway ( 495 )

when I see this black CL pull next to me~ I can hear that he had exhaust but I didn't care~

Do really think anyone believes this BS story? :roll: :roll: :roll: This is the type of BS story that started the flame war! :pissed:

·
Registered
12,157 Posts
it'll never happen, 4th gen supra owners are a tight knit group, regardless if you came up with the cash or not (because banks won't finance cars that are getting as old as they are production year wise) they only sell to enthusiasts, not idiots

-gte

comptechcls said:
The only toyotas that get props from me are the supras. That's a car meant to be mean and fast and has two doors. I always wanted a Supra and hope to one day own a tuned one.

·
Registered
204 Posts
IS300GTE said:
how was my post confrontational? it wasn't, but don't worry, this one will be the opposite

just because you made the foolish mistake of pissing in the wind (piss #1 was buying a honda, piss#2 was trying to make it fast, piss#3 was that its fwd, and thats when it all came blowing back in your face all over you)

you can try and discredit my car all you want, but in reality, you know you want it and that you envy it. it has the functionality of a luxury sedan and the performance of a highly modded supra, only it weighs less. aside from that, its looks are considered superior by everyone that doesn't own a CL or TL, including non owners of either and people that do own both vehicles. that landslide of an opinion almost makes it fact, or as factual as a subjective thought can be.

just to add a visual aid to my arguement

http://www.womanmotorist.com/p/acura/acura-cl-2k-frnt.jpg

its not even close, just like if us 2 were to race, i'd crush you and it wouldn't even be close.

as for the ferrari comment, i proved my case correct, no one could counter, not even 1 point, looks like that comment is still reaping positive benefits :D

-gte

comptechcls said:
IS300GTE said:

comptechcls said:
Were both pretty fucking smart for not buying domestic. Honda or Toyota i'm happy with both lines. I don't have buyers remorse I preferred the CLS over the IS300 for my reasons. I modded my CLS to make it a little faster but I don't consider it a racecar by any means. I would hope your modded car would slam mine, I mean especially with all the work you put into it I think that's a no brainer. I don't feel the need to get a majority rule when it comes to the opinion of my car I liked it more than the IS300 so I bought it. I really don't want you car, sorry, it's my personal opinion that the IS300 is ugly. No offense you think my car looks like ass. I used to own an 11.4 second Eclipse GSX with crazy boost and lots of mods and I was the king of the road back in 96' when there was not much competition out on the road. I guess the difference between me and you is that I was humble about my monster. I didn't feel compelled to point out to everyone that I could lap them in a race. People who knew my car (much like that guy who beat the M5 on this board) knew it was fast but it looked stock and was a great sleeper (minus the fact I had like no exhaust and when I floored it a TON of pollution would pour out the back LOL. There is always something faster even when you think your the best, there is better and the day your humbled will be the day your head shrinks back to human size.

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
CL-Sic said:
isekii said:

Do really think anyone believes this BS story? :roll: :roll: :roll: This is the type of BS story that started the flame war! :pissed:
what's the bs about it ? ?

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
About this Discussion
31 Replies
11 Participants
thisISwhatIwantToDrive
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing