Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone with experience on ContiExtremes?

I read Brandon's opinion on those tires, and I just ordered a set of four from the tirerack.com about an hour ago. Wanted to hear anyone's opinion on those tires, both dry and wet performance and real-life testing in snow and ice.

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
I think you should have gone with the S-03 pole position.

I heard those were Real good, even better than the RE040's that come stock.

·
Registered
5,744 Posts
I have them on my stock 17s. They're all right, decent on dry and wet pavement. It's ok on the snow as well. I have a slight vibration at 60 MPH. I know other people had the same problem as well. Overall, they're ok but then again, I can't expect an amazing tire for $100.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
lambchop11078 said:
I have them on my stock 17s. They're all right, decent on dry and wet pavement. It's ok on the snow as well. I have a slight vibration at 60 MPH. I know other people had the same problem as well. Overall, they're ok but then again, I can't expect an amazing tire for $100.

Hmm... what is this vibration that you're talking about? can you elaborate a bit? For instance, does it disappear after 60mph, or do you feel it any any speed above 60?

·
Registered
118 Posts
you can read the reviews on the tirerack.com
sooooooooooo many people complain about the vibration above 55 mph even though it has been re balanced for 4x 5x already, and it's not as quiet as the review says

you might get the sumitomo HTR+ for the same price, but the tread wear is gone in about 15k - 20k miles

if i were you, i will spend more to get the Pirelli P Zero Nero M&S for $118 each from the tirerack.com

·
Premium Member
23,216 Posts
I have the ContiSportContact 3 tires which I think are fantastic (This coming from Falken Azenis RT-615s...what does that say?!) I do not have experience with the ContiExtremeContacts though

·
Registered
296 Posts
I've used those tires on my other cars and never had any problems, were great for the price. Haven't had any IS experience with them yet

Reactions: jon4862

·
Registered
180 Posts
I got the Conti Extreme Contact DWS and I like them. I haven't had much experience with many different tire brands, so I wouldn't be able to make a lot of comparisons. I've only had them since December, but I was very satisfied with how they performed in all the snow we got in KC this winter. Dry and wet performance has been fine, nothing to complain about. I am lowered about an 1.5" and getting ready to check how they have worn in the ~4K miles I've had them.

Can't say I've really noticed any vibration that wasn't related to the road surface.

I think you'll be very satisfied with them for the price. According to Tire Rack's tests, you could pay more for the highly rated RE960AS and get less performance in the snow.

Continental - Raising the Bar with the Continental Extreme Contact DWS

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.